Linux Lite 8.2 RC1 Released - Click here to read



Posted by: Dookus
02-21-2014, 06:03 AM
Forum: Off Topic
- Replies (5)

Just went to update my profile on Linuxcounter and Linux Lite is not on the list?



Posted by: Dookus
02-21-2014, 05:23 AM
Forum: Introductions
- Replies (5)

Hiya and welcome.

Though not new to Linux, first experimented in the dark days back in 1999, a lot has changed, and for me Linux lite has succeeded where the heavier distros have failed, and where other light distros have also not quite made it for myself, one thing to understand with this distro is, use the package manager (Synaptics) to install any further software you may need ... find exactly what you may be looking for may take some time as it's a large list of both programs and other softwares, so asking what can meet your needs here may be what you want to do and then use the search function in Synaptics to find the program, I was glad to find that Password Gorilla was in the list as I have been  along time user of  Password Safe and Gorilla supports the database file.

Don't be afraid, the install routine will partition your hard drive and use about half for LL, your XP will still be there in the Boot Menu for you to choose if you should use it, I am using LL exclusively on a Vista Dual Core Laptop that was given to me that had a failed HDD, and I have not once felt the need for Windows on that machine, it's also on partners old P4 1.8 laptop and dual booting on another laptop here as well as being the sole OS on a 2gig Celeron POS that the previous owner had had enough of and gave it to me, all these machines run brilliantly on it, some have only 512mb RAM.

Post split from other persons thread.



Posted by: mandoran
02-20-2014, 11:14 PM
Forum: Start up and Shutdown
- Replies (16)

I have two questions that I think might be related. I just added an external HDD to the machine I am running Linux Lite on. First, I would like to know how to make LL, or maybe more accurately? - Krusader - automount this drive. Krusader doesn't seem to see it until I open the drive via the desktop or Thunar.

The other thing I wonder about is that I have suddenly been unable to restart the machine - it exits LL and then I get an NTLDR not found error message, start with ctr-alt-delete - which doesn't work. LL has no trouble starting though, only restarting (that I have seen so far, I haven't checked to see if it does not come out of suspend mode, for example).

I haven't been able to find these issues addressed, though did see some people saying NTLDR could be linked to the addition of external drives.

Oh - I hope this is in the right place - since I'd like something to happen on startup and stop happening on shutdown, I chose this branch, though maybe I should have gone to the hard drive section...

Thanks!



Posted by: Scott(0)
02-20-2014, 11:02 PM
Forum: Introductions
- Replies (2)

Back after a short break, hello to all.



Posted by: Scott(0)
02-20-2014, 10:59 PM
Forum: Wallpapers
- Replies (55)

Some wallpapers by distro.....


All copies of wallpaper "Entrance" were removed from Imgur. See here for an explanation:
https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/other...allpapers/

[size=1.35em]The Linux Lite Wallpaper Museum[/size]
http://scott53.imgur.com/
> Linux Lite 4.0 - Diamond
> Linux Lite 3.8
[size=1em]> Linux Lite 3.6[/size]
[size=1em]> Linux Lite 3.4[/size]
> Linux Lite 3.2
> Linux Lite 3.0 - Citrine
> Linux Lite 2.6
> Linux Lite 2.4
> Linux Lite 2.2
> Linux Lite 2.0 - Beryl
> Linux Lite 1.0.8
> Linux Lite 1.0.6
> Linux Lite 1.0.4
> Linux Lite 1.0.2
> Linux Lite 1.0 - Amethyst

Other Distributions

> Taking requests...



Posted by: Helen
02-20-2014, 09:37 PM
Forum: Video Cards
- Replies (3)

Hey' I'm new to Linux Lite 1.0.8 and having trouble with the Nvidia accelerated graphics driver (version 96). Whenever i clicked on install drivers for linux it says

Sorry, installation of this driver failed.

Please have a look at the log file for details : /var/log/jockey.log

Any way to fix this?



Posted by: Helen
02-20-2014, 09:28 PM
Forum: Other
- Replies (4)

Hey im new here and i can't get adobe flasher player to install, i have an outdated version and linux 1.0.8 won't let me install, when i go to their site to update i tried YUM selection to install adobe, and then the tar, i extracted it and don't know where to go to save, i just need further instructions can someone please help. Tried googling online but not much help for linux lite problems with installing adobe flash player here's my current version and the one i need.

SOFTWARE YOUR VERSION 11.2.202.0

CURRENT RELEASE 11.202.341

[table][tr][td][th]Software[/th]

[th]Your Version[/th]

[th]Current Release[/th]
[/td][/tr]
 
[tr]
[td][Image: icon_flash_32x32.png][/td]

[td]Adobe Flash[/td]

[td]11.2.202.0[/td]

[td]11.2.202.341[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]



Posted by: N4RPS
02-20-2014, 08:53 PM
Forum: Off Topic
- Replies (3)

Hello!

Your specific definition of 'off-topic' confuses me as to whether or not what I'd like to post is (!) 'off "off-topic", This cannot help but to confuse others, also.  

To avoid any misunderstandings, I will send you a copy of what I'd like to post over IM or IRC to get a clarification of your specific policies, as they pertain to what I'd like to post...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob



Posted by: mthood
02-20-2014, 05:29 PM
Forum: Introductions
- Replies (3)

Hello I am mthood and would like to start using Linux Lite.  Coming from xp like xp refugee.  Will need some help, I believe. (i know i will).



Posted by: N4RPS
02-20-2014, 11:04 AM
Forum: Suggestions and Feedback
- No Replies

Hello! ???

Unless they're closely guarded secrets, is there any way you folks could share the .conkyrc files used in the screenshots? Your assistance would be appreciated.

There are TENS of THOUSANDS of them on the Ubuntu Forums.  I might DIE before I see them all!

73 DE N4RPS
Rob