Linux Lite 8.2 RC1 Released - Click here to read


Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

How to install indicator-keylock or similar?
#1

System Specs
Operating System – Linux LiteLinux Lite 8.0
CPU / ProcessorIntel Core i7-3520M
Memory (RAM)8 GB
StoragemSATA SSD
Graphics (GPU)Intel HD Graphics 4000
Network deviceIntel centrino N6205
Hello,
I installed Linux Lite 8.0 today, and I am starting to configure it. 
I used to have indicator-keylock with older versions, but I have not found a way to install it on Linux Lite 8.0...
I have tried 

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:tsbarnes/indicator-keylock
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install indicator-keylock

But, it doesn't work..

Maybe I need to install extension manager, but I have not been able to install it neither...

I think knowing if the keyboard is in upper case or lower case is very important to avoid input errors. 
So, could someone tell me how I can install this feature? I would really appreciate. Thank you.
Reply
#2

(10 hours ago)Gemini6 Wrote:  Hello,
I installed Linux Lite 8.0 today, and I am starting to configure it. 
I used to have indicator-keylock with older versions, but I have not found a way to install it on Linux Lite 8.0...
I have tried 

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:tsbarnes/indicator-keylock
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install indicator-keylock

But, it doesn't work..

Maybe I need to install extension manager, but I have not been able to install it neither...

I think knowing if the keyboard is in upper case or lower case is very important to avoid input errors. 
So, could someone tell me how I can install this feature? I would really appreciate. Thank you.

 HI!

What happened to the LED on your keyboard?
All keyboards have a LED specifically for this purpose.

Best regards!

"It's easy to die for an idea. It's way harder TO LIVE for your idea!"
Current Machine:
Dell Precision T1700, 16 GB RAM, SSD Kingston A400, 480 GB.
Laptop:
ASUS X200MA , Intel® Celeron® N2830, 2 GB RAM, SSD Kingston A400, 480 GB.
Reply
#3

(9 hours ago)Şerban S. Wrote:   HI!

What happened to the LED on your keyboard?
All keyboards have a LED specifically for this purpose.

Best regards!

Well, I have a Lenovo X230 laptop, but it doesn't have a Led on the keyboard. Instead, there is an indication on my screen when I use Capitals. My other laptop Lenovo T430s doesn't have a Led either.

That is why I want to use Indicator-Keylock or similar.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)