Hi there
I've just switched from Windows XP to Linux Lite (1.0.8 Amethyst 32-Bit) and so far most things are fine...except for one unusual problem that I can't solve.
The Date and Time, Volume, Battery Indicator and Network Icons are appearing on the left of my Panel, next to the Menu Button.
I've tried the "move and drag" method to shift them to the right, but they immediately slide back to their original positions on the left.
Could anyone help, please?
Hi all,
My first attempt at installing Linux Lite went well, until my wireless decided not to work. Now this laptop was given to me. I bought a new HDD and it runs like a champ. The model in question is a Dell 1545. A few years old but enough for what i need it for. So far i have installed Ubuntu/Xubuntu/ and have had zero issues with the wireless until now. Linux Lite really has my interest and i would like to keep it on the laptop. But, When trying to install drivers for the wireless through the Install Drivers tab. i end up with this screen that locks the whole thing up. I know more information will be needed. But that will have to wait until i can get home and back to the laptop.
After hours of sifting through the backend and many many tests later, the culprit has been found. Seems our custom WYSIWYG editor was the cause of the Quote and Preview issue. I've removed the custom WYSIWYG editor until such time as I find a better one that doesn't interfere with forum operation.
If you had a custom avatar you will need to add it again, that was the only casualty here
I like screenshot threads - and it looked as though this one might need a little attention
So here's my current desktop:
Clean:
![[Image: Screenshot_1_08_clean.jpg]](http://s29.postimg.org/xbni7osqb/Screenshot_1_08_clean.jpg)
Dirty:
![[Image: Screenshot_1_08_dirty.jpg]](http://s17.postimg.org/5rzfwe5ej/Screenshot_1_08_dirty.jpg)
Nothing exceptional, really, but I like it. This is a Dell Inspiron D830, 4G RAM, Intel Core2 Duo.
Wallpaper is available HERE (if you like books and libraries check these out).
Hi, I just ran update, honest. :-[ No reports of any issue, just let it do its thing. But when tried later to boot back into LL after shutdown, was dropped from usual grey silhouette screen with slider to a full screen 'terminal prompt' saying "Linux Lite 1.0.8 LTS PC2 tty1" wanting username and password (i.e. not the usual login screen). Entering username and password is accepted, but after a few lines of text am just left at a flashing user prompt ... no desktop or nuffin.
To much a noob to use a command to launch into the desktop from there. Only know "reboot -f" from the help manual, but it don't do it. Hoping it is simple. Rather learn than just run Live CD again and install all over. Might break it again...
Hello!
I've tried installing Java 7 from the repositories and from Oracle's tarball, and have enabled the Firefox plugin for it. However, when I go to Oracle's test page, it's still saying there's a problem. I can't figure out what that problem may be to save my life.
Uncle!
73 DE N4RPS
Rob
Hi all.
I am hoping to dump windows all together as my experience with LL is far superior to any Linux I've tried, I'm over the command line bash terminal call it what you may ... I'm old and just want to GUI to be able to work for me.
A media stream detector or a GUI for rtmpdump ... any recommendations?
Hi everyone! I've just installed Linux Lite 1.0.8 and I
'm saying Hello!
![[Image: InternalHardDriveSpace_zps92aaaad9.png]](http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i357/ADDMan1010/Zorin/InternalHardDriveSpace_zps92aaaad9.png)
What program will show hard drive usage like this?
Hello again,
I have a problem after a crash. LibreOffice is no longer working, at least not the word processor, which is what I use primarily and which was running when the machine went down. The program icon doesn't respond, nor do associations with file types, the program just doesn't run. I tried reinstalling elements via Synaptic, but this has had no effect.
I was wondering what I can do now, and what is the best way to uninstall and reinstall - since LibreOffice is preinstalled perhaps there is some other method needed?
