Hello, I'm a new user to linux. Read that Linux Lite was easy for beginners, so I decided to give it a good try. Installed it this morning on a Toshiba M105 notebook. It's been giving me fits since, been at it now for 9 hours now. Luckily I'm older, I'll be 70 in May, and have free time to learn. I'll probably make a pain out of myself with questions.

Just wanted to get some information on Wine. Is that the best one to use for windows based games or is there something else that works better. I seem to have issues getting some games to work.
Hello everyone! Im completely new to linux and while I was able since installation, to get most things going, I still am unable to watch movies
when I log in to my amazon account. I keep getting the message that my browser or adobe flash needs updating. Can someone PLEASE HELP!!
Even some youtube videos tell me that adobe needs to be updated or installed. Thanks in advance. RJ
Hi. I currently have Windows XP on my 32 bit, 6 year old computer and would like to try out Linux Lite before April 8. I went to https://www.linuxliteos.com/download.html and I'm not sure if I should use the "HTTP DOWNLOAD" or the "torrent". I've got a CD to download the OS to. Which option should I choose?Thanks from Down Under
Have added the following mods:
Best Answer: Topic starter and Mods can now mark a post in their thread as Best Answer. A link will then show up at the top of the thread that anyone can click on and it will take them to that post directly.
Tapatalk: Members can now browse the Forums using their mobile device and along with the Tapatalk app.
Reason for editing: Members can now put a reason for editing their post. MODS please note: please use this feature when editing peoples posts.
Time online in Memberlist: The Members list now shows the total time a member has been using the Forums since we began.
Move Recent Posts to the Top of Forum: Self explanatory.
Will add more useful mods as we discover them.
Helluva a job registering..no verification letters pic on three different browsers (checked similar forum engine --Comodo-- and their letters appear, so who knows? Then gmail trapped activation email as spam: "We've found that lots of messages from svr134.fastwebhost.com are spam."
Anyhow... Just want to say Linux Lite is HUGE, speaking as someone new to any Linux OS. Had old unused 700Mhz system with 512 ram still loaded with Win98. Couldn't believe LL spec could really work on it ... looks awesome! Even works old printer and scanner by default Win7 sniffed at. Hats off to magicians. Still getting hang of basics...back soon with questions. Just saying hello.
As posted on pour social media sites.
I am brand new to Linux and Linux Lite and so far the only problem I'm having is that my keyboard, which is working in all other areas of the OS, will not work in the Terminal Emulator, LXTerminal. Consequently, I'm unable to install any of the additional software or install updates because I cannot input my password.
I've tried changing the keyboard to various different layouts, and I've tried every option in the Input Method Switcher under the Settings Menu.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you,
CharlieArk
Hello everyone. I too am brand new to Linux having just installed Linux Lite on an older generation laptop that had XP previously. I'm looking forward to reading the posts and learning more about Linux!
Hello, All!
Most all of you know about those USB document scanners that you see in thrift stores for chump change. I've seen a lot of these go for less than $5. Some of them are quite compact - and, 'back in the day', were quite costly. Perhaps some of you wonder, "What is up with all these scanners lying around?".
You're literally tripping over them because when Windows Vista came around, Microsoft radically changed the Windows kernel. Scanner manufacturers did not want to rewrite their software to accommodate the new kernel. instead, they forced everyone who uses a scanner regularly to go out and buy a new one - one that DID support Vista and beyond. Fortunately (after all, they DO contain mercury), instead of just sending them to landfills, people donated them to be resold in charity thrift stores for a tax write-off.
Linux Lite includes scanner utilities that will detect and support most of these devices. You need only plug them in, start up one of these programs, and your old XP scanner is once again usable.
Having left XP years ago myself, I have an old, very compact Canon scanner that's been just lying around here for quite a while now. On a whim, I decided to pull it out to see if LL supported it. Sure enough, the scanner works like a charm!
Just though I'd share this with the community...
73 DE N4RPS
Rob
