Linux Lite 8.2 RC1 Released - Click here to read



Posted by: Scott(0)
05-17-2014, 03:44 PM
Forum: Installing Linux Lite
- No Replies

Listing all comments under the 2.0 beta announcement post gets difficult to follow. Posting this here to separate issues.

While using the Lite 2 beta live cd you will probably get an error "unable to find or create trash directory" when attempting to delete files (not folders).

Workaround solution
> terminal - deleting from the terminal works fine
> copy to a folder first - folders can be deleted without an error

Haven't tried this on an actual install yet but would be willing to bet it's not a problem.



Posted by: kirilvelinov
05-17-2014, 11:06 AM
Forum: Wallpapers
- Replies (1)

[Image: 244m.jpg][Image: 245m.jpg]



Posted by: siqueira3103
05-17-2014, 12:54 AM
Forum: Off Topic
- Replies (6)

Please pt-br not instaled... :-\ :'(



Posted by: crab
05-16-2014, 04:19 PM
Forum: Introductions
- Replies (2)

Hi all, have been using Linux Lite 1.6 and only just moments ago i installed Linux Lite 1.0.8. Don't blame me for the username lol the blame is my grandson's.



Posted by: moark
05-16-2014, 03:35 PM
Forum: Installing Linux Lite
- Replies (4)

Good Morning,

New user - I am using Virtualbox and running 32bit.  Linux Lite is awesome, every thing just works, even my HP Scanner/Printer. 
The one question I have is on start up choices.  It highlights Previous Linux and above that is Generic or something ( I should have written down the exact choices) so curious as to which to select.



Posted by: andyvgr
05-16-2014, 01:46 PM
Forum: Introductions
- Replies (2)

I just wanted to say, I haven't been using lite for to long, but I keep it in my disc collection.  I just have to say that I love the new 2.0, I'm running it in a virtual machine and so far it is the best version of Lite I have used!  Thanks for the great work guys!!!!



Posted by: NGIB
05-16-2014, 09:54 AM
Forum: On Topic
- Replies (6)

Was looking around the 2.0 beta I created on a USB drive this AM and noticed the relinux package sitting in /ETC - is this a functional capability?  Having a way to remaster an installed system to dump on a USB drive is very important to me as I take care of a lot of computers in the family.  Being able to setup the OS with the programs I use and then remaster it for installation on the other machines in the family is a huge timesaver.  Not many distros provide this capability out of the box so I hope LL is one of them...



Posted by: NGIB
05-16-2014, 09:50 AM
Forum: Introductions
- Replies (3)

No, I'm not an XP refugee.  All of my hardware is newish and 64 bit - I just prefer lightweight and efficient in an OS.  I've tried MANY distros and like a lot of folks I continue to look for the perfect one.  Yeah, I know it probably doesn't exist but the search is kind of fun.  I take care of near a dozen computers in my extended family and just recently converted my wife and son over to Linux.  Right now I have them on MX-14 which is a great distro with some very nifty features but it's based on Wheezy and only 32 bit so there are limitations.  I DL'd the 2.0 beta this morning and booted it on USB to give it a look and I like what I see so far.  I'm going to install it on my generic test laptop and give it a whirl.

As for me, I'm an old guy on my 3rd career and I worked as a programmer (in DOS) for over 15 years.  Haven't written a line of code since the late 90's though as I'm currently an Accountant.  All my computers are laptops ranging from an AMD E-350 netbook to a Core I-7 beast with 8GB RAM, 2GB Nvidia video, and 750 GB drive...



Posted by: joejohnston3
05-16-2014, 02:50 AM
Forum: On Topic
- Replies (2)

Hi All,

Does Linux Lite use aspects of Linux Mint? Some of the programs and design have the Linux Mint look so I was curious and wanted to know. Thank you.



Posted by: joejohnston3
05-16-2014, 02:09 AM
Forum: Installing Software
- Replies (3)

Hello all,

Is there any way to auto update LL? My users will need to have this automated if at all possible. Thank you.