You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Unhappy user on another website

Author (Read 5157 times)

Re: Unhappy user on another website
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2014, 08:14:21 AM »

elija

Few people take the time to call McDonalds, ask for the manager, and tell the manager that they just had the BEST cheeseburger ever from their fast food place. Most just call to complain to the manager about poor customer service, screwed up order, etc.

True that. I once got great service on a customer service line and asked to speak to a supervisor. Having complimented the agent for what they had done the supervisor who was obviously used to getting the complainers apologised to me. Which was funny.

Quick off topic tip though. If you do take the time to speak to a supervisor and mention great service you will be remembered.

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2014, 06:53:57 AM »

Alex

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
I agree that different distros maybe better for some and not others, but what I find unfair is the criticism of this forum. I have only been here a short while and have asked just about every dumb question. Each was answered almost immediately and very helpfully and each problem was solved.

But Valtam is right...it's just a mosquito's bite, best ignore it - scratching it will only make it worse

:)

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2014, 12:16:54 AM »

ohjrson

• I know enough to get into trouble
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Quad core

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: internal

• Kernel: 6.x
I can completely relate to this issue of the 1 user not liking LL 2.0.
I too at one time did not want anything to do with Linux.

I had a friend who had bought what he thought was a game, something called Linux and it had advertised that there were lots of cool games etc.... So he ran the CD and did the install. When he rebooted of course all of his previous information was gone and he only had the Linux system running on his computer.  I thought wow that is BS, what a rip off. What I did not know and what he probably did not pay attention to, was that he was using a live CD and installed the OS Linux to his computer (without paying attention to all the warnings i'm sure.) and wiped his hard drive.

This of course discouraged at least three competent individuals from trying Linux anything for 10 years. Then 1 day another friend of mine mentioned it to me when I wanted another OS other than windows. Of Course I objected at first but he persuaded me to check out PCLinuxOS.

I checked them out and I had enjoyed PCLinuxOS until Valtam brought out Linux Lite. I have been using LL ever since and have not been disappointed.

I now recommend it to everyone that is tech savvy, and/or wants to get away from Bill Gates and Windows. I have two converts that are officially trying it on laptops, and seem to enjoy it.

So I agree, leave the bad apple alone, eventually it will grow enough to realize what it needs to realize.  And that is: Windows is not the only Operating System out there.
LL 6.6 Dell Power Edge T310 Quad core 32g
LL 6.6 Acer E5-722-49HD A4-7210 Quad core
LL 6.6 Acer AX3812-E9502 intel Quad core
LL 6.2 Dell Optiplex 755 intel Core 2 duo
LL 3.8 Acer Aspire 3000 AMD processor
Simple, Fast, Efficient, Free, and Beats Windows all to hell.

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 09:20:11 AM »

Stuart_Tanner

I understand mate, it's best not to get entangled in that sorta thing, it's one voice amongst 1000's of otherwise happy LL folk. All we need to do is focus on the good we are doing. Every product or service whether it has a price or not is subject to attack once it goes public, it is the nature of things :)

I personally agree with Valtam, Just ignore it you can please all the crowd all the time!

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 10:30:23 PM »

Scott

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Dual core Intel Core i3 M 330

• MEMORY: 6Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Integrated Graphics
Here's a joke that gets to the point:

Q: Why do people complain (in retail)?

A: Because they can.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 10:32:59 PM by Scott(0) »

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 02:21:16 PM »

rijnsma

• Forum Regular
  • Never give up..
    • View Profile
Maybe people become curious when they meet LL on Youtube or on another place.
Maybe they want to install and try things out themselves?  :)
And maybe they notice this is a very, very nice Linux and a friendly forum.
It is all right as long they call your name... here, there, everywhere ;)

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 02:15:17 PM »

l337n1nj4

You also have to think of this. No matter how pretty, how technologically advanced, how delicious, etc., a product will always have people that it doesn't sit well with. This is why we have so many distributions right now; no one single distro can solve everyone's wants and needs.

I'd also like to point out that if he based his experience on one negative scenario, then it's his fault. You can't really judge something until you've given it it's fair share of chances.

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 01:56:31 PM »

Coastie

• PayPal Supporter
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite User
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD A10-6700 (ASUS M32)

• MEMORY: 12Gb

• VIDEO CARD: ADM Radeon HD (integrated)
True but
Few people take the time to ... the manager that they just had the BEST ...

I bet most of the 454 total members on this forum are happy customers and as Valtam said there are lots of happy customers "calling" him, the manager, https://www.linuxliteos.com/feedback.html to tell him his burger is the best.

Left Mac OS X for Linux in Jan 2014

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 01:13:00 PM »

Colicos

Few people take the time to call McDonalds, ask for the manager, and tell the manager that they just had the BEST cheeseburger ever from their fast food place. Most just call to complain to the manager about poor customer service, screwed up order, etc. I always take people rants like that. Goes into the "Whatever" column. :)

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 10:57:14 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
I understand mate, it's best not to get entangled in that sorta thing, it's one voice amongst 1000's of otherwise happy LL folk. All we need to do is focus on the good we are doing. Every product or service whether it has a price or not is subject to attack once it goes public, it is the nature of things :)

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 10:49:41 AM »

Coastie

• PayPal Supporter
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite User
    • View Profile

... Best to ignore it. Our feedback page begs to differ with that persons opinion :) Cheers.

True, true. .... Just aggravated by his comments and wanted to reply but couldn't.

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 10:45:13 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
Hi Coastie. Whether your selling mobile phones, wedding cakes or performance cars, whatever it may be someone will always vent. Best to ignore it. Our feedback page begs to differ with that persons opinion :) Cheers.

Unhappy user on another website
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 09:57:12 AM »

Coastie

• PayPal Supporter
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite User
    • View Profile

I watched a distro review on Linux Help Guy then looked at his comments section https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZJGcgeKADhL0uVscQ25Sxg/discussion. Kevin M had complained about LL and the LL forum, for example, "... The Linux Lite OS forum is a not at all helpful - asking a question means they send you a PM telling you to look on Google for answers to any questions you may have. ..." He definitely did not know what he was writing about in this comment and the rest of his post.

I would have responded but do not have a Google account and do not particularly want one. Someone with an account may want to respond to him.

(When Steve Holmes, a.k.a. SneekyLinux, PuppyLinuxWord, started this new channel he was going to do a series on LL 2.0 then changed to Linux Mint and now to MX 14.)

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section