You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Installing an antivirus system and the weather app available on Linux Lite 6.6

Author (Read 11916 times)

Carlos Bernardino

• New to Forums
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Celeron 1.5Ghz Dual Core

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD Graphics

• Kernel: 6.x
Thank you for your help.

I notice that the weather application does not appear in the taskbar like in Windows 10 or 11.
It would be good, in the next Linux Lite 6.7 update, to put the current temperature in the user zone on the taskbar.
It's just a recommendation!

Thank you and best regards.

If you installed the weather tool from Lite Software, you may need to add it to your panel.

Right click somewhere free on the bar at the bottom of the screen.
Click 'Panel'
Clcik 'Add New Item'
Scroll down the list to find 'Weather Update'
Highlight 'Weather Update'
Click Add

This should place the icon on bottom right near the date/time on a conventional set up.

stevef

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4460

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
If you installed the weather tool from Lite Software, you may need to add it to your panel.

Right click somewhere free on the bar at the bottom of the screen.
Click 'Panel'
Clcik 'Add New Item'
Scroll down the list to find 'Weather Update'
Highlight 'Weather Update'
Click Add

This should place the icon on bottom right near the date/time on a conventional set up.
clueless

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

There are some system directories that you will not be able to scan, safe to ignore.

Carlos Bernardino

• New to Forums
    • View Profile

https://www.linuxliteos.com/manual/tutorials.html#antivirus

Thanks a lot for the help.

Can you see what's going on? These warnings/errors appear in the terminal.
I only added some of the commands because there were too many, but it seems to me that with these commands that Jerry gave me, they didn't unlock the directories/folders so that the antivirus could analyze them.

Thank you again.

WARNING: Can't open file /sys/module/videobuf2_memops/uevent: Permission denied
LibClamAV Warning: fmap_readpage: pread fail: asked for 4095 bytes @ offset 1, got 0
LibClamAV Warning: fmap_readpage: pread fail: asked for 4072 bytes @ offset 24, got 0
LibClamAV Warning: fmap_readpage: pread fail: asked for 4094 bytes @ offset 2, got 0
LibClamAV Warning: fmap_readpage: pread fail: asked for 4090 bytes @ offset 6, got 0
LibClamAV Warning: fmap_readpage: pread fail: asked for 4091 bytes @ offset 5, got 0
LibClamAV Warning: fmap_readpage: pread fail: asked for 4094 bytes @ offset 2, got 0
WARNING: Can't open file /sys/module/drm/uevent: Permission denied
LibClamAV Warning: fmap_readpage: pread fail: asked for 4095 bytes @ offset 1, got 0
LibClamAV Warning: fmap_readpage: pread fail: asked for 4093 bytes @ offset 3, got 0
LibClamAV Warning: fmap_readpage: pread fail: asked for 4091 bytes @ offset 5, got 0
LibClamAV Warning: fmap_readpage: pread fail: asked for 4072 bytes @ offset 24, got 0
LibClamAV Warning: fmap_readpage: pread fail: asked for 4093 bytes @ offset 3, got 0
LibClamAV Warning: fmap_readpage: pread fail: asked for 4089 bytes @ offset 7, got 0
WARNING: Can't open file /sys/module/nft_fib_inet/uevent: Permission denied
LibClamAV Warning: fmap_readpage: pread fail: asked for 4090 bytes @ offset 6, got 0

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

Installing an antivirus system and the weather app available on Linux Lite 6.6
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2023, 11:08:52 AM »

Carlos Bernardino

• New to Forums
    • View Profile

Hello guys, how are you?

I want to install an antivirus system in Linux Lite 6.6. I have already tried some commands but without success. I am a new user, touching these systems.

Could you help me install CLAM AV or COMODO?

I want to install the weather application available on Linux Lite Software Manager. I have already installed it with the GUI but I tried to search the weather app, and I don't see the app on the system tray!

Can you give me some GUI or command instructions to use on the terminal to solve these situations that I want? :003:

Thank you very much.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 11:10:55 AM by Carlos Bernardino »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section