You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Esc key to wake from Suspend.

Author (Read 3842 times)

Re: Esc key to wake from Suspend.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2023, 12:50:45 AM »

stevef

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4460

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
Those settings change the system behaviour (auto mount, open with Thunar and Desktop icons) when a USB storage device is inserted on my system, but there may be other settings somewhere which is causing your issue. As I can't reproduce your problem and you don't know which update triggered the problem I can only suggest a few things.

If your settings are correct to generate the desktop icon then there may be a problem with the mechanism.  You may want to check the log on your system when inserting a device.

With the settings correct, boot up your system to a idle state.  Close any applications.
Note the system time in terms of HH:MM:SS
Insert the USB device and allow time (say 15 seconds) for the system to react.

Open a terminal (press Ctrl, Alt, T together)
Enter the command followed by return/enter - replacing HH:MM:SS with the time you noted.
Code: [Select]
journalctl -b --since HH:MM:SS
You would expect to see a number of events indicating.
a) The physical device being detected
b) The storage being mounted.

What happens or doesn't happen next may provide some clue.  In particular, look for gvfs and dbus activity after the device is mounted.

Instructions for posting images should have been in your sign up mails and are also in the posting guidelines
https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/introductions/forum-posting-guidelines/
clueless

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2023, 06:47:17 AM »

Yoru3

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Server2 - AMD E2KM1I-DELUX ITX, 1.6Ghz dual core

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Integrated HD 6310

stevef,
Thanks for reply.
I don't know the specific update, but I guess it's not the end of the world to push the power button.It's just that I have to open up the cabinet each time, rather that just push the ESC key on the wireless keyboard.
With regard to the USB stick behaviour, the File Manager route is okay, but it was good before.
Under other circumstances the behaviour of not showing the drive would be useful, such as my dual boot partition, which still shows on the desktop, and apparently can't be removed.
Have attached a screen shot of the setting as a zip.
BTW how do people display a picture, when a .png is not allowed.
Best Regards
I know you believe you understand what you think I said. But I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
:Communication Theory

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2023, 05:32:52 AM »

stevef

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4460

• MEMORY: 16Gb

Do you know which update triggered the changes ?

I don't use any form of suspend or hibernate so can't really comment on that.

For me, when inserting USB drive the system reflects the setup chosen in the options.
It auto mounts, presents an icon for the drive on the desktop and opens the file manager.
This behaviour has been consistent - regardless of updates.

Check your settings by
Click Menu
Begin typing 'Removable' in the search box
When you see 'Removable Drives and Media' click it
If necessary, change the ticks to your requirement.

The desktop icon appearing may need setting under this
Right click on desktop
Click Desktop Settings
Select the 'Icons' tab
Ensure tick against 'Removable Devices'
clueless

Esc key to wake from Suspend.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2023, 04:46:36 AM »

Yoru3

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Server2 - AMD E2KM1I-DELUX ITX, 1.6Ghz dual core

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Integrated HD 6310

Following a recent software update, done in the usual way, it appears that two behaviours have changed.

1. The use of the keyboard ESC key to wake up from Suspend. I now have to push the power button on the computer.

2. Display a removable media on the desktop,  such as a USB stick, when it is plugged in.
The File Manager shows it has been recognised and mounted, but is not on the desktop as it usually is, and specific stick has done regularly before.

Is there a setting somewhere, that allows these two behaviours to be retrieved. Everything else seems to be working fine on LL6.6.

Thank You

I know you believe you understand what you think I said. But I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
:Communication Theory

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section