You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Some suggestion for better "Out of the Box" Experience.

Author (Read 4186 times)

Some suggestion for better "Out of the Box" Experience.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 10:13:14 AM »

estelondono

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: 2x Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N 455 @ 1.66GHz

• MEMORY: 1Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Atom Processor D4xx/D5xx/N4xx/N5xx Integrated Graphics Controller
I'm not sure if this is the place for this post. If it's not, please forgive me  :)

I installed LL 3.4 a few days ago and find two little "problems" that I think can be easy fix to function out of the box:
  • When trying to create a compressed file directly from Thunar (right click in the mouse on the file) an error occurred and the system told me that there was no application for that action. I find out that the MIME types for the compressed files where not set up for File Roller, hence the error. I assigned them to File Roller and the problem was solved.
  • When I tried to change some hotkeys I realized that there are some key-shortcuts that call for applications that are not installed in Linux Lite. I removed them and created some of my own. My suggestion is to make sure the shortcuts call Linux Lite Applications, and not others that are not there.

I hope this will help you make an even better distro, because I'm really happy with it. My old Dell Mini Inspiron 1018 is flying, thanks to all of you.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 10:15:10 AM by estelondono »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section