You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Old User Accounts Deleted

Author (Read 2185 times)

Re: Old User Accounts Deleted
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 06:32:37 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
Hi Neo. Sorry about the account delete. A bunch of accounts were deleted in a clean up a while ago that mostly included bot accounts (which for the most part we are now on top of eliminating) and some were those who had not posted in 100 days or more. I doubt this will happen again.

Old User Accounts Deleted
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 06:08:48 PM »

Neo

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: X1300 Pro
Hello,

Just over a year ago, I installed Linux Lite and started using the forum regularly.

I contributed to many threads, including this one.

Since then I have not been as active but I have sometimes came back to check on things (not logging in as much).

However, now my account and many of the other early accounts have been deleted and we have become guests, so we can no longer reply to anything with authenticity.

Personally, I don't think it is fair to keep our posts and delete our accounts without any obvious warning.

There was still reputation associated with the accounts and an opportunity to communicate, or at least acknowledge the original posters of the content as equals.

If there is an automatic expiration of accounts after a certain time period due to server limitations then the posts should not be kept either.

Honestly, I don't think it is reasonable to have to sign up again while old posts still exist that aren't linked to the accounts.

Furthermore, it discourages users from creating accounts again to help contribute as the process is tedious and any accreditation of the contribution can expire anyway.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section