You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Lite3.6 Help Manual Error

Author (Read 2197 times)

Re: Lite3.6 Help Manual Error
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 10:20:17 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
The Download page on our website states: "Yumi, Multiboot and other multi-boot applications are not supported."

Sent from my Mobile phone using Tapatalk

Lite3.6 Help Manual Error
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 07:32:19 PM »

openmind

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel 80686

• MEMORY: 512mb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia
I'm not sure this is the best place to report documentation errors but I'm giving it a try.

I found an error in the latest Linux Lite3.6 64bit ISO help manual that needs to be fixed.  Under Install the manual states:

The computer will go through the boot up process, this may take anywhere from a few seconds to a couple of minutes depending on your hardware. The login for the Live user is automatic, there is no need to login. If for some reason you need to login, simply type in linux beneath Other and click on Log In (no password required).

I found running Linux Lite3.6 live from a multibootusb stick created using multibootusb R8.8 under LL3.4 with 259MB persistance (32MB inadequate) that the user-id 'linux' does not work when prompted to log in (Live automatic login didn't work).  The user-id required to login under Linux Lite3.6 is 'ubuntu' with a blank password field.  Someone should fix this for those who don't want to clobber their entire USB stick to install Lite3.6.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section