You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

God I hate linux

Author (Read 5681 times)

Re: God I hate linux
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2017, 05:37:25 PM »

TheDead

• Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Worshipper
    • View Profile
    • My OpenDesktop Projects

• CPU: HAL9000

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Quantum State VR v.3

• Kernel: 4.x
Like a wise owl once said :  "Don't feed the troll!"

Personally I use all OSes and they all have faults, Linux just doesn't ask you to pay for them.

Cheers!

-TheDead (TheUxNo0b)
- TheDead (TheUxNo0b)

If my blabbering was helpful, please click my [Thank] link.

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2017, 12:49:33 PM »

ptyerman

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Core i7 920

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Radeon RX580
Oh man! That belongs in the joke thread. Funny.  ;D

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2017, 12:41:56 PM »

rokytnji

• Friganeer
  • Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core2 Duo U9600

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Mobile 4
I recognize this type of trolling

https://encyclopediadramatica.rs/Lunix
LL 3.6,2.8
Dell XT2 > Touchscreen Laptop
Dell 755 > Desktop
Acer 150 > Desktop
I am who I am. Your approval is not needed.

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 12:12:58 PM »

ptyerman

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

I'm assuming he's using old low resource equipment as I stated before, even Windows XP needed at least 1.5Gb of RAM to be usable by its end of life. I think he would be much happier with Puppy Linux 4. Version 4 is snappy and nice to use with as little as 512Mb RAM, I've used it with just 256Mb before now although that was without any web browsing.
Antix is also very usable on tight resources and a great direct replacement for Windows XP.

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 11:30:10 AM »

m654321

• Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member, 'Advocate' & Donator
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Pentium [email protected] (2cores) on an Asus X71Q

• VIDEO CARD: Intel GM45 Express Chipset

The solution is simple - just return to Windows.

Not wanting to be critical, but under the circumstances can't help being so, you came to this forum with the wrong mindset: the forum name
you chose for yourself hardly ingratiates you with LL forum members and in general sets a very negative tone, not to mention the contents of your post ...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 11:57:40 AM by m654321 »
64bit OS (32-bit on Samsung netbook) installed in Legacy mode on MBR-formatted SSDs (except pi which uses a micro SDHC card):
2017 - Raspberry pi 3B (4cores) ~ [email protected] - LibreElec, used for upgrading our Samsung TV (excellent for the task)  
2012 - Lenovo G580 2689 (2cores; 4threads] ~ [email protected] - LL3.8/Win8.1 dual-boot (LL working smoothly)
2011 - Samsung NP-N145 Plus (1core; 2threads) ~ Intel Atom [email protected] - LL 3.8 32-bit (64-bit too 'laggy')
2008 - Asus X71Q (2cores) ~ Intel [email protected] - LL4.6/Win8.1 dual-boot, LL works fine with kernel 4.15
2007 - Dell Latitude D630 (2cores) ~ Intel [email protected] - LL4.6, works well with kernel 4.4; 4.15 doesn't work

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 11:02:42 AM »

smhardesty

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD A8-6410 APU

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Radeon R5 Graphics × 4
I just took the time to read your other posts, SICKOFLINUX. I can see that the problems you experience are problems you either cause yourself, or are too obstinate and contrary to accept logical advice to resolve such problems. You actually registered your username as "SICKOFLINUX". In my opinion, if you knew you were sick of Linux, you could have just stayed off this forum and continued to wallow in the muddy pits of Windows XP.

I can also tell by your other posts that you happen to be one of those individuals that insist and demand that Linux be EXACTLY like Windows. The analogy I have always used is the VW and Cadillac. You have had a VW for 10 years or more. The VW can no longer be repaired by the dealer. You made a decision to get a Cadillac and found out it cost you nothing, but you are now DEMANDING that the Cadillac look and sound just like the old VW. You refuse to accept the fact that the Cadillac looks and sounds better than the VW ever did. Regardless of how much advice and assistance you receive from people you ask, you will continue to demand that your new, free, luxury car look and sound like the broken down old VW.

My advice to you would be this. If you are going to continue to whine and bitch about what Linux can offer you regardless of advice and assistance being offered FOR FREE, you'll probably be much happier going back to Windows XP. If you think you can change your attitude and opinion, and are willing to accept advice offered so you can learn how much better Linux can be, then there may be hope for you on this forum. I can assure you you will NEVER find another forum as friendly as this, especially when you consider the creator of this distribution is on this forum every day and is one of the first to jump in and offer his assistance.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 11:04:30 AM by smhardesty »
Steve

If I was able to help, click my "Thank" link.

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 10:05:13 AM »

m654321

• Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member, 'Advocate' & Donator
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Pentium [email protected] (2cores) on an Asus X71Q

• VIDEO CARD: Intel GM45 Express Chipset

I am moving towards agreeing with your "God I hate Linux" title, but for very different reasons.

You surprise me bitsnpcs by what you said and also the message you put in your signature?
How come?

I hope you're not thinking of leaving - I tried to send you a message but it seems to be blocked.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 11:59:04 AM by m654321 »
64bit OS (32-bit on Samsung netbook) installed in Legacy mode on MBR-formatted SSDs (except pi which uses a micro SDHC card):
2017 - Raspberry pi 3B (4cores) ~ [email protected] - LibreElec, used for upgrading our Samsung TV (excellent for the task)  
2012 - Lenovo G580 2689 (2cores; 4threads] ~ [email protected] - LL3.8/Win8.1 dual-boot (LL working smoothly)
2011 - Samsung NP-N145 Plus (1core; 2threads) ~ Intel Atom [email protected] - LL 3.8 32-bit (64-bit too 'laggy')
2008 - Asus X71Q (2cores) ~ Intel [email protected] - LL4.6/Win8.1 dual-boot, LL works fine with kernel 4.15
2007 - Dell Latitude D630 (2cores) ~ Intel [email protected] - LL4.6, works well with kernel 4.4; 4.15 doesn't work

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 07:03:04 AM »

bitsnpcs

• Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile
    • Try to Grow

I am moving towards agreeing with your "God I hate Linux" title, but for very different reasons.

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 06:00:41 AM »

ptyerman

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

And there's your problem right there: Inexperience and unwilling to put in any effort beyond moaning! No one else on here is reporting these issues so that leaves your inexperience as the culprit.
Firefox crashing is hardly the fault of any Linux distro, it has gotten worse over the last few years, particularly in its memory usage. Use Pale Moon which is closely related to Firefox, or Chrome/Chromium or even Vivaldi.
Your sound problem will be a simple mouse click away in the Pulseaudio panel, probably become muted for some reason. I have had this happen myself when I was running Makulu Linux.
As for things slowing down, you don't post your system specs so can't comment really. However, you do state your running 32 bit so I am assuming you're running a old system, these days don't expect to run a OS, or especially browse the web with any less than 1Gb of ram, you will still get slowdowns and crashes even with that!

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 05:54:43 AM »

JmaCWQ

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile
Pebkac?

God I hate linux
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 05:05:17 AM »

SICKOFLINUX

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
When I installed Linux Lite initially it went fine but with every update as usual with my experiences with Linux in general something deteriorated.Things stopped working it slowed down etc etc & the last year firefox has crashed continually.Now with the most recent update I can't get sound on the speakers & it really drives me nuts........I get the impression that whoever issues these 'updates' does not access their comparability,it stinks & I can't wait to revert to a windows based operating system.It really is more trouble than it is  worth.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section