You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Reboots on wake from Suspend

Author (Read 4800 times)

Re: Reboots on wake from Suspend
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 07:10:16 PM »

Carney

• New to Forums
  • Cub Linux user; put LL 3.2 on wife's PC
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core i3

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GEFORCE
OK thanks to everyone who posted a constructive response.  I appreciate it and will try them out.

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 12:48:31 AM »

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD E2//Atom X5//AMD Phenom II X2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Mullin Radeon R2//Intel//AMD/ATI RS880

• Kernel: 5.x
@Carney
For Sleep... Not sure if this will work for you but works well on my mini..

When it comes to laptops - I prefer hibernate as power is completely shut off, suspend goes into low power but continues to use power (which depletes battery and if in a bag will get warm)...
Again this is my preference.. I also don't have login after waking enabled..

In the 3.x series you don't have xscreensaver... But these same settings worked in 2.x with xscreensaver usable..
1st - Disable LightLocker

2nd set XFCE Power Settings.. Again these are mine..
General Tab:
Closing lid hibernates the system in either power mode.. Power button shuts down, other buttons not enabled... all check boxes enabled.

System Tab: PC fuctionality
On Batt: Hibernate after XX minutes (mine is 20)
On Power: Suspend after XX minutes (mine is 30)
Critical is 10% and ask

Display Tab: Screen Functionality - check box enabled
On Batt: Blank 1 minute - Sleep 5 - Off 10
On Power: Never for all
*only screen is off - moving mouse/key will wake screen instantly
Brightness mine are: On Batt: 20% after 120 and On Power 80% after never

Remaining tabs nothing..

When the screen sleeps, the system wakes instantly as it is still on full power..

Suspend will wake instantly if short duration it may enter hibernation if enabled and take longer to wake or will stay suspended until power is depleted. This maybe why you notice a reboot.
- LED will pulsate.. Closing lid with suspend enabled - opening lid will wake. If menu and choose suspend; power button to wake.

Hibernate takes the longest to wake and resembles a boot; you'll see grub but desktop will load open apps.
- Power button to wake, LED are off.
LL4.8 UEFI 64 bit ASUS E402W - AMD E2 (Quad) 1.5Ghz  - 4GB - AMD Mullins Radeon R2
LL5.8 UEFI 64 bit Test UEFI Kangaroo (Mobile Desktop) - Atom X5-Z8500 1.44Ghz - 2GB - Intel HD Graphics
LL4.8 64 bit HP 6005- AMD Phenom II X2 - 8GB - AMD/ATI RS880 (HD4200)
LL3.8 32 bit Dell Inspiron Mini - Atom N270 1.6Ghz - 1GB - Intel Mobile 945GSE Express  -- Shelved
BACK LL5.8 64 bit Dell Optiplex 160 (Thin) - Atom 230 1.6Ghz - 4GB-SiS 771/671 PCIE VGA - Print Server
Running Linux Lite since LL2.2

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 11:05:55 PM »

torreydale

• PayPal Supporter
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • * Forum Moderator *
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel i5-3230M (4) @ 3.200GHz

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics

On the fn key, perhaps this link or something like it might help:
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=254295
Want to thank me?  Click my [Thank] link.

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 09:40:26 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

No distribution can claim to support 100%, every piece of hardware in existence. The beauty of the free software community, is that you have the option to try as many distros as you want, until you find a home.

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 05:37:56 PM »

Carney

• New to Forums
    • View Profile

Still no answer.

This problem, as well as the problem of not being able to eliminate the need to hold down Fn when hitting the Function keys to get the functionality like volume or brightness up and down, is seriously undermining my credibility in being able to "sell" my wife on Linux.  She's constantly irritated by these glitches (as well as others like the trackpad going crazy) to the point of being unwilling to use the new laptop I went through so much effort to find, buy, upgrade, and configure for her. 

I figured that Ubuntu would be the most solidly functional and broadly compatible distro, and that Lite would be the most attractive, easy to use, and robustly supported out there.  I get it that with a gratis system I can't expect people to come leaping to my aid and I should be grateful for what help I can get.  I've spent hours searching and trying solutions.   I must say I feel let down and frustrated.  I'm close to just wiping Lite and starting over.  I hate to go back to Windows but I don't know what else to do.

Reboots on wake from Suspend
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 01:19:43 PM »

Carney

• New to Forums
    • View Profile

My wife's PC takes several seconds to suspend.  Then when told to wake, such as by tapping the spacebar or clicking a touchpad button, the PC reboots.

I followed the instructions here:

https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/tutorials/fixing-suspendlock-issues-in-xfce/msg21371/#msg21371

but it didn't fix the problem.

Her PC is a Sony VAIO PCG-61411L or a VPCCW29GX (Sony seems to use two different nomenclature systems).

Its only OS is the latest LL 3.2 with the 4.4.0-59-generic x86-64 kernel.  It has 8GB of RAM, and the CPU is Intel Core i3 330M at 2.13GHz.  The video card is an nVidia GeForce 310M 3838MB maximum graphics memory.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section