General > Release Announcements

Linux Lite 2.8 Final Released

<< < (2/13) > >>

lg5productions:
Done and updated. Thanks for the reminder Jerry.   ;)

--- Quote from: Jerry on February 08, 2016, 08:39:32 PM ---Quick reminder to those now running 2.8 to update your Forum profile :)

--- End quote ---

Jerry:
Quick reminder to those now running 2.8 to update your Forum profile :)

Tad Cooper:
I already posted an introduction but I just wanted to add my thanks here.

I've been trying LL off and on over the last few releases and I really wanted to stick with it because it's been one of my favorite distros.  With 2.8 I think I'm ready to settle down.  I appreciate the work that Jerry and others have done to make such a light, fast and yet fully featured OS.  The choices you made in this distro are the same one's I'd choose if I was building it myself.  I even open Gimp and find it's already in Single Window Mode.  Just perfect.  Love the Control Center and the Lite Software app.

Looking forward to what's to come.

My config:
Intel NUC i5
HD Graphics 6000
8 GB RAM

Little.Walter:

--- Quote from: MadMax on February 07, 2016, 07:28:04 AM ---Sorry, my fault. I have 1.0.6 on my laptop.  ::) What's the easiest way to upgrade from 1.x to 2.x without losing settings, files and stuff?

--- End quote ---
To be safe:

Backup your important personal files onto either a separate partition or a USB stick (Note: this is not needed if you set up your system with a separate soft-linked DATA partition as an update should not touch this).

To keep your program settings: backup your hidden files from your home directory to a separate partition or a USB stick. Be aware, however, that newer versions of some programs might have changed their settings options and your old settings might not work with the newer versions!!

For things like custom fonts, themes, icons, etc: you need to back them up as well to be on the safe side.

As far as your "stuff" goes -- that's your choice.  ;D

Have fun,

Little Walter

Scott:
Hi MadMax

I believe this answer to your question is you cannot upgrade from 1.0.6 to the LL 2.x series.

Here's the part of the 2.8 release anouncement (the first post in this thread) that I'm referring to:

Upgrading:

For those on Linux Lite 2.4, 2.6 do the following:

1) Menu, Favorites, Install Updates.
2) Menu, Settings, Lite Upgrade.
3) Follow the onscreen instructions, reboot when finished.

For those on versions of Linux Lite 2.0, 2.2 only, do the following:

Open a terminal and do:

Code:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install lite-upgrade-series2 -y

2) Menu, Settings, Lite Upgrade.
3) Follow the onscreen instructions, reboot when finished.

You cannot upgrade from Linux Lite 1.0.0, 1.0.2, 1.0.4, 1.0.6, 1.0.8

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version