General > Release Announcements

Linux Lite 2.8 Final Released

<< < (3/13) > >>

MadMax:
Hello!

I just tried to upgrade to 2.8 by installing the upgrade script via terminal ("Lite Upgrade"). If I execute the "Lite Upgrade" I get a "Upgrade Cancelled" window. How can I upgrade?

Thanks!

Sorry, my fault. I have 1.0.6 on my laptop.  ::) What's the easiest way to upgrade from 1.x to 2.x without losing settings, files and stuff?

Jerry:

--- Quote from: T1125P on February 04, 2016, 11:10:48 PM ---Thank you so much :)
I have a question, when LL 3.0 does release would this version be too much for a netbook?
Right now I'm using v1.0.6 and it's perfect and fast but I really want to try out v3.0 when it comes out.
My netbook is a Toshiba N245 1.66ghz intel atom CPU.  / 2GB RAM / 360GB SSD

Thank you.

--- End quote ---

That is difficult to predict, June is still a while off. Download the image and try it live, then you'll know for sure.

T1125P:
Thanks a lot avj, good to know. I will most certainly install LL 3.0 when it's released :)

technomancer:

--- Quote from: Wirezfree on February 02, 2016, 07:31:33 PM ---
--- Quote ---@Cooastie,
What would be helpful would be a terminal command or program that would list all my programs that I could print.
--- End quote ---

I'm sure I asked for something similar for future release.
"Software I have installed, Rather than is installed"

You can install another app/package, APTIK
There is an option for Backup & Restore Software Selections list.
it excludes default distro package, so you back just your own list, and restore that list.(NOT the actual packages)

It would be nice to have such a feature like that in Lite Control Centre / Software

--- End quote ---

Definitely would be a great feature to have !

Monkeyman:
Just updated.  I don't see much difference between 2.8 and 2.6 but I'm not a hardcore user.  Update went smoothly and I didn't have any issues before so it's all good.

Thanks Jerry and team!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version