You are Here:
Linux Lite 7.0 RC1 Released - See Release Announcement Section

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Release Announcements / Re: Linux Lite 7.0 RC1 Released
« Last post by trinidad on Today at 08:11:05 AM »
The command below should clear the recent array.
Code: [Select]
xfconf-query -c xfce4-panel -p /plugins/plugin-10/recent -rThe plugin is 10 on all my LL machines, but it's easy enough to check and change if neccessary. I think we should keep it in.
Also does restore the panel work?
TC
Introductions / howdy
« Last post by DartRanil on Today at 05:32:54 AM »
I am new to LL, but not to Linux, I've been using ubuntu linux and derivatives since 2009 when I started with Jaunty.
« Last post by sqwuade on Today at 05:26:46 AM »
Etcher and Telegram both show up as installed apps (according to the lite-software app) but they aren't really installed, or something strange going on.  I never used Telegram but like having the Balena Etcher app in there.  Hopefully it will be in the final release.  It shows up when you choose the  "Remove Software" option but then it says "No Application was selected for removal" if you try to remove it.  Strange.

Found 2 new bugs to fix in 7.0
Etcher and Telegram show in Lite Software, Remove Software. Fixed for the final.

I've noticed the absence of Telegram but never crossed my mind to look into the "Remove". On a fresh install, it seemed pointless.
Thanks for the info!
Etcher, on the other hand, was at its proper place. That is really strange. I installed it, just to test how the applet works.
I usually install at least Etcher and SimpleScreenRecorder. Wanted Telegram too, but since it was missing I thought maybe in the 7.0 final, would be replaced with something else.
« Last post by Şerban S. on Today at 03:21:37 AM »
Etcher and Telegram show in Lite Software, Remove Software. Fixed for the final.

I've noticed the absence of Telegram but never crossed my mind to look into the "Remove". On a fresh install, it seemed pointless.
Thanks for the info!
Etcher, on the other hand, was at its proper place. That is really strange. I installed it, just to test how the applet works.
I usually install at least Etcher and SimpleScreenRecorder. Wanted Telegram too, but since it was missing I thought maybe in the 7.0 final, would be replaced with something else.
« Last post by Jerry on May 20, 2024, 11:32:59 PM »
« Last post by Jerry on May 20, 2024, 07:23:01 PM »
Thanks @sqwuade and @trinidad  :)
« Last post by sqwuade on May 20, 2024, 07:08:57 PM »
I noticed a small bug / glitch when using the new lite-tweaks file Jerry.  Not a huge deal but the checkmark icons you have in the script might not show up correctly in the original version.  I've updated the file so, hopefully, that won't happen with this version:

https://digitalhemi.com/files/apps/Linux/LL7-RC1/lite-tweaks

I especially noticed the problem when running the browser cashe cleaning tweaks (Firefox and Chrome).  The checkmark icons showed up in Zenity as "ee-^e" or something bizarre like that.

We'll be using @sqwuade lite tweaks file, thank you.

zenity how has webkit disabled in the newer Ubuntu packages, so we put a mark hold on zenity and zenity-common
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/zenity/+changelog
« Last post by trinidad on May 20, 2024, 09:41:44 AM »
The same thing can be done by just right mouse-clicking a Recently Used App icon and selecting "Clear Recently Used"

True but that's a little PATH wonky too. The right click function should really be on the main button "Recently Used". Also PATH wonky "Whisker Menu" is grayed out in the right click menu option and instead right click Properties takes you to Whisker Menu. Both are XFCE quirks not Linux Lite but I wonder if it's related to allowing for right click desktop menu. XDG? Which we could live without on Linux Lite.

On another note did restore the panel work for you after removing whisker menu references from tweaks?
TC
Installing Linux Lite / LLOS 6.4 install on USB will not boot.
« Last post by LarryB1607 on May 20, 2024, 08:10:07 AM »
Extracted iso to a freshly formatted USB drive.  All operations were successful.  I can see all items in the drive in both Windows and LLOS 5.8.  Macrium Reflect does not see the drive and Gparted sees the drive as unallocated.  The drive was formatted in both NTFS and fat 32 with the same non bootable results.  I have never had this issue before and boot LLOS 5.8 from a USB external HDD.  This same USB drive had Ubuntu Cinnamon installed on it last month and it booted fine.
« Last post by sqwuade on May 20, 2024, 07:31:20 AM »
New bug to report:

I wanted to set up a new LL7-RC1 test box and do a dual boot on a LL6.6 box I run as a media server (Gerbera).  The machine is a Dell 5050 i5-7500, 8Gb RAM w/ a 1Tb NVMe primary drive and an 8Tb 3.5" as a data drive.  I've been running this machine for quite awhile as a secondary media server and no issues with it.  I chose the Direct install of LL7 from the loader menu (As opposed to live mode) and everything progressed along normally until I got to the "Where to install" screen.  I chose "Alongside Linux Lite 6.6" but then the installer wouldn't give me the option to install on the NVMe drive; it only showed the 8Tb data drive as an option.

I closed out and the system dropped to Live desktop mode so I tried again from the "Install Linux Lite Now" shortcut on the desktop.  It lead me to the same impasse as the direct install - it didn't recognize / or show the 1Tb NVMe drive.  It was basically forcing me to install on the 8Tb secondary drive.

I then ran the test again using Xubuntu 24.04, since it's the same base OS as LL7, and it did not have the problem.  The NVMe showed up fine that time and I could have partitioned 500Mb for each OS or whatever I wanted to do.

That's definitely a substantial bug.  Any ideas on what could be causing it?

Maybe I'll try the test again and unplug the data cable from the 8Tb drive and see what happens that way.

*Update:
It worked fine installing a dual-boot (6.6 and 7) install w/ the 2nd drive unplugged.  The LL7 OS shows up as "Ubuntu" in the Grub bootloader menu though.  The other OS shows up as "Linux Lite 6.6".

Also, I tried the same thing on another machine I've got (Debian 12.5 and a 2Tb secondary drive) and it had the same issue as on the first PC when trying to setup as dual-boot - It would only show me the secondary drive as an option to install the OS.  This machine is a lot older than the first one (c.2009).  1st Gen i7 920 processor,
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 7.0 RC1 Released - See Release Announcement Section