You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Installing Linux Lite / re-Which 32 bit version?
« Last post by Jesse Bassett on Today at 03:58:03 PM »
Hey guys,
 I own a Dell Inspiron 6000 machine which is 32 bit only. What version of LL would work well on this? Its only a side project of mine that I wish to undertake. Any guidance is appreciated.
On Topic / Re: Lite Tweaks issue
« Last post by Şerban S. on Today at 12:28:26 PM »
Lite Tweaks issue

Tested Today (06-05-2024)
[L06-05-2024 ora 13:20]
I ran today the updater:
The following packages will be upgraded:
distro-info-data
Procedure went smooth. Nothing seems wrong, so far (13:20, GMT+3)
The only issue with Lite Tweaks, is the same old one, relate to the Kernel Removal section.
The removal program, looks like exiting with some unknown error and breaks the program at the point of removing the initial kernel (5.15.0-86 I guess). I belive that is somehow GRUB related. Maybe there is some kind of built-in safeguard that somehow leads to this result.
You can reproduce this, running multiple times the same removal procedure, with or without restarting (cold boot).

Lite Tweaks Config
I ran the App with the following configuration: Autoremove Packages; Kernel Remover; Log Archives; Package Cache; SystemD Log Cleaner;
Except for the Kernel Remover, the rest of the options are pretty much the same everytime I do some cleaning for whatever reason.
At first run, the kernel list is: “linux-image-unsigned-5.15.0-82-generic”.
My current kernel is “linux-image-5.15.0-89-lowlatency” and the specification is “5.15.0-89.99 Signed kernel image lowlatency”.
At SECOND run, (after rebooting!) the kernel list is: “linux-image-5.15.0-82-generic”. Says “Successfully…”.

At THIRD run, (after the second reboot!) the kernel list is: “linux-image-unsigned-5.15.0-82-generic”. Says, again (!!!) “Successfully…”.
This goes on and on, indefinitely. I tested once a number of eight reboots then gave it up.
I even removed the said kernels manually until searching returned an empty string, yet, this weird thing gets back.
[L06-05-2024 ora 14:20]
After one hour from the update, still nothing suspect.
I’ll probably publish this and eventually, update it after some hours (days) of uptime and some “heavy weigths lifting”: Audio work (JACK, QTractor & the like). At this moment, all looks good.

After 5 hours...[/color]
[L06-05-2024 ora 18:40]
As I said above, I did some demanding tasks: I’ve been working on a track for an album.
After closing the Audio Session, I ran again Lite Tweaks: Kernel Remover; Package Cache; SystemD Log Cleaner.
Kernel Remover: the kernel list is: “linux-image-5.15.0-82-generic”.
So, as I said above, in fact, it did nothing although it reported “Successfully…”.
As for the rest of tasks, still OK.
Given the fact that the system was changed from the default installation (another kernel, JACK + some other pro-audio Apps), I guess that if it were to crush for a reason residing inside the system installation, this should be somehow “visible”.

Best regards, Șerban.

« Last post by Jerry on May 05, 2024, 09:51:40 PM »
Thanks for that. Perhaps we'll catch something in the RC release - hope not :)
« Last post by bonnevie on May 05, 2024, 07:28:00 PM »
Same as TC and Stevef, no problem with any of Lite Tweaks options on my updated 6.6 VM
« Last post by Jerry on May 05, 2024, 06:46:54 PM »
Thanks TC.

Sent from my Mobile phone using Tapatalk

« Last post by trinidad on May 05, 2024, 07:05:57 AM »
6.6 fully updated here on my main machine and Lite Tweaks works fine. The only thing I can think of (heard something about file permissions or security updates to Chrome that borked some distro specific stuff somewhere) which wouldn't affect my machine because I have Chrome removed. I'll test the other two (both 6.6) and get back to you. Odd. I use Lite Tweaks regularly.

Okay. Tested my second machine on hardware. Latest update: cpio, less, and Linux firmware. Lite Tweaks works fine after update. Cleaned package cache and logs no problem.

Okay updated LL6.6 running in MS hyper-v. Same set of updates plus MS Edge stable update. Lite Tweaks worked fine after update. Cleaned package cache and logs no problem.

Maybe restart Chrome and reset it as default browser?
TC 
« Last post by Jerry on May 05, 2024, 03:29:13 AM »
It's odd. No matter what I choose, nothing works on both 6.6 and 7.0 (rc1).
« Last post by stevef on May 05, 2024, 03:00:39 AM »
No problem apparent on a couple of systems (5.8 and 6.6)
The 5.8 system is fully updated and upgraded, while the 6.6 system reports distro-info-data kept back.
On Topic / Lite Tweaks issue
« Last post by Jerry on May 05, 2024, 02:44:37 AM »
Is anyone else having issues with Lite Tweaks when choosing any option?

Make sure you run Updates before checking, thank you.
On Topic / Re: Linux Lite - A.I. Helper
« Last post by Jerry on May 04, 2024, 08:56:28 PM »
This project is on hold until I can come up with a suitable, sustainable model.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section