You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Updates withheld

Author (Read 2452 times)

Re: Updates withheld
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 09:01:34 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
Covered in Menu, Favorites, Help Manual under Software, Packages that have been kept back. Or you can look at the online version too - https://www.linuxliteos.com/manual/software.html#heldpack

Updates withheld
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 05:32:38 AM »

pete284

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Welsh Member
    • View Profile
    • My Xubuntu
I regularly run Install Updates, I recently noticed that the script was saying 19 updates withheld. I noticed that the new Lite Cleaner was not being installed either.

Anyway I left it but recently had a major error with LibreOffice  when it refused to save any documents giving the error: libre office 4.2.6.2 write error error writing file. This was the same on all 3 profiles on the machine and I even removed all the libreoffice profiles and created new ones to see if this fixed it but it did not.

I tried the install updates but again  it said it was holding back the libreoffice updates (amongst others).

I then booted  up Synaptic which confirmed I had 19 updates of 340mb in size. I applied these updates which installed both lite cleaner and updated LibreOffice to version 4.3.2.2. I ran the lite cleaner after the updates and all is back to normal now where I have the ability to save LibreOffice files.

I was wondering why the install updates script was holding back these updates (which obviously were causing issues on this machine)
Pete Jones
"I would never join a club that would allow me as a member." - Groucho Marx

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section