« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2016, 11:49:48 PM »

bonnevie

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel i3 Dual Core

• MEMORY: 12Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
Unfortunately, the Package Repair System in Lite Tweaks didn't fix it for me. Install/Remove Software, Partition Drives and Firewall Buttons still not responding in Whisker Menu.  So I'll wait and see if anything else comes up in this forum.
LL6.6 in VM
LL5.8 Host

Re: Some Menu Buttons not responding
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2016, 11:27:00 PM »

bonnevie

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Great I'll look for that.  As I can see, you seem right because all three functions are working in the command line but not in the Whisker Menu. Thanks a lot for such a quick answer LinuxNoob!
LL6.6 in VM
LL5.8 Host

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 11:22:29 PM »

LinuxNoob

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: 6x AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1045T Processor

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Gallium 0.4 on AMD RS780
Oh I just remembered there is a linux lite tweaks program that the LL team made that has a menu repair option try that.

Lite Tweaks <<
I'v been bashing Windows way before Microsoft.....

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 11:18:49 PM »

LinuxNoob

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Good point. But as far as I can see, Buttons like Install Update or Lite Software, which require PW, are all good.  So I don't know, really. I've actually clicked every Button in the Menu before posting and these three are the only ones not working.

BTW I got those commands from the menu. However I went in, found them and checked out the properties of those program icon. So those are the commands that will be passed to the OS. Thats why I asked if those work in the terminal.

Maybe look to see if in the properties that those commands are there. I'm sure a guru will come to help with a more technical experience but I'm trying. :)

Seems like you have posted while I was typing Try and see if those command are in your menu icon properties [command] text box

what we know is that the programs are present and they do indeed work. So it's a menu issue I'm sure.

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 11:15:18 PM »

bonnevie

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Sorry friend I somewhat missed the instructions in the last part of your message before responding.   It did indeed asked me "Authorization Required".  I've input my pw and it worked.  So why was that, in your opinion, and is it something I might have done?
BTW, thanks for your welcome message, its appreciated!
LL6.6 in VM
LL5.8 Host

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 11:10:06 PM »

bonnevie

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Good point. But as far as I can see, Buttons like Install Update or Lite Software, which require PW, are all good.  So I don't know, really. I've actually clicked every Button in the Menu before posting and these three are the only ones not working.
LL6.6 in VM
LL5.8 Host

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 11:00:32 PM »

LinuxNoob

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

It seems like anything that requires you to input a password before it starts. I mean all those programs need a sudo password before they start. Could that be the issue?

Are there any other programs that require a password to be inputted, that won't start?

In the terminal if you type these commands. Does it still happen? Do they start..

Code: [Select]
synaptic-pkexec

gufw

gparted-pkexec

try each one separately. They are the command equivalent of the programs in your menu.

Welcome to the forum btw
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 11:09:03 PM by LinuxNoob »

Some Menu Buttons not responding
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 10:53:09 PM »

bonnevie

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Hello!  First time reporting a problem.  As a newb, I'll give it my best shot.

WHAT IS HAPPENING:
Three buttons in the Menu are not responding:  "Install / Remove Software" "Partition Drives" and "Firewall" Buttons.  They are not transparent and were all active as of last week, 3 months after I installed LinuxLite on this machine*. When I click on it, nothing is happening.  Everything else in the Menu works.  My LinuxLite 2.8 is as-out-of-the-box, with very few additions.

WHAT I TRIED:
I didn't fiddle with the Whisker Menu prior to this, but I took a look anyway and everything is "ticked" as it should.  I've check all logs but my untrained eyes couldn't spot anything related to my problem. And I've spent some time reading here but didn't find anything similar.  I may try to restore but I'm not there yet.

WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR:
I'd like to understand why this is happening and how to make these important buttons work again.

*This is not the computer described in my profile.  It's a 2008 Compaq Presario CQ60,  3G Ram, AMD Sempron NVidia GEForce 8200M G
LL6.6 in VM
LL5.8 Host

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 7.0 RC1 Released - See Release Announcement Section