You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Problem with browser Firefox

Author (Read 3600 times)

Re: Problem with browser Firefox
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 09:21:55 AM »

N4RPS

• Donator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Knows JUST ENOUGH Linux to be DANGEROUS
    • View Profile
    • Orphans for Christ, Self Advocates of Mecklenburg

• CPU: Several Different 32-bit & 64-bit CPUs, 2-8 GB RAM

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Several Different AMD and Intel GPUs
Hello!

While we're on the subject, have I got a weird one to tell YOU folks about!

It's not an issue with LL at all, but when I try to go to www.netii.net (or any websites hosted there) on my AT&T U-Verse (home) connection, it times out.

Several other free hosting sites won't let me get further than successfully logging in, or refuse to display the Captcha everybody's wanting completed to create accounts nowadays. However, when I tether my lappy to my 4G phone and use ITS wireless connection (also AT&T), everything works just fine.

By doing pings and traceroutes, I pretty much know what the issue is. My access to these sites is being blocked by a misconfigured/malfunctioning AT&T router two hops up from me. I have even the IP address of the bum router.

A tech has been dispatched, but changing the gateway/router HERE isn't going to fix this issue. The battle's going to be convincing them the problem is upstream from here...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob     

A gun in your hand is worth more than a whole police force on the phone.

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 08:46:37 AM »

zygmunto

• PayPal Supporter
  • Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Celeron N3350

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD 500
Ok.

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 08:38:48 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
Hello Boschini.
If there is a firefox topic I will post here,if you don't mind,because I also have problems with FF.
First thing is that browser starts opens itself when system starts and it's not set up by me to do so.
Second thing is that somehow Gimp,intead of Transmission,has become default program to open torrent files,but only when I want to open them directly after downloading.If I open torrent files in thunar everything is ok and Transmission opens it.Any help,please?

Please start your own thread. Thank you.

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 08:29:00 AM »

zygmunto

• PayPal Supporter
  • Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Celeron N3350

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD 500
Hello Boschini.
If there is a firefox topic I will post here,if you don't mind,because I also have problems with FF.
First thing is that browser starts opens itself when system starts and it's not set up by me to do so.
Second thing is that somehow Gimp,intead of Transmission,has become default program to open torrent files,but only when I want to open them directly after downloading.If I open torrent files in thunar everything is ok and Transmission opens it.Any help,please?

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 11:03:21 PM »

Boschini

I will try it as soon as I get home.Thanks Jerry!  I will try it. :D

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 10:49:20 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
Sounds like it might be a DNS issue. Can you post a screenshot of the following, click on the connection icon in the tray, select 'Information'.

Problem with browser Firefox
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 10:28:05 PM »

Boschini

Hi, Im having the following issue. I have Linux Lite intalled in my computer and everything works fine. The only problem I got is, when start Mozilla Firefox, it tries  to connect to any website (I set www.google.com as "Home") and keeps trying and trying and at the end says it could not connect to any server. The weird thing is, I open the terminal and when I ping any website, it pings perfectly (what means I have internet connection). What can be the problem? Any idea why this is happening? What settings should be set in the browser to work properly?

Please help. I have tried anything and nothing seems to work.

Thanks,

Alberto

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section