You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Need to change boot order and remove old boot order

Author (Read 4592 times)

Re: Need to change boot order and remove old boot order
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 03:58:15 AM »

bscho

• ginamiller.co.uk/superlite.php
  • New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member Made it into Windows 12 Lite
    • View Profile
    • Best Operating Systems and Desktops Dual booting with Windows

• CPU: Various usually AMD

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Various

• Kernel: 5.x
I just had a HDD die on me and I'm using an older HDD until a replacement arrives.
I have a duel boot system, NX Linux and Linux Lite. I know there is a command prompt to change the grub but it was stored on the HDD that failed.
What is the Sudo command to change the grub to allow me to select which OS boots first?
Thank you.

Do you mean MX Linux?

I have Lite, Fedora, Windoze, Manjova in that order They are all set as Windows 12 versions Manjova has to be last as it has a great Grub screen with icons of each of the operating systems.
See how to install each at ginamiller.co.uk and make them Windows 12 with slide shows on Lite and Manjova.

If your HDD has not failed use Supergrub 2 to start one of your systems then the  grub commands from either of your OS best feather though as it's Grub is better. If Supergrub will not allow you to see any of the operating systems then you will have to do a fresh install.
Inventor of Windows 12 Lite for Windows 7 users who want to remember the worlds worst operating system they have switched off from the internet and dual boot using Windows 12 Lite no ads no waiting when Updates are forced when you want to work. No virus no ransomware and 3 times faster than Windoze.

Re: Need to change boot order and remove old boot order
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 12:45:38 AM »

Rapidrob

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• MEMORY: 4Gb

never mind.I found the link.

Need to change boot order and remove old boot order
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 06:13:31 PM »

Rapidrob

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• MEMORY: 4Gb

I just had a HDD die on me and I'm using an older HDD until a replacement arrives.
I have a duel boot system, NX Linux and Linux Lite. I know there is a command prompt to change the grub but it was stored on the HDD that failed.
What is the Sudo command to change the grub to allow me to select which OS boots first?
Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 07:42:34 AM by Jerry »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section