You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Indexed searchs

Author (Read 3022 times)

Re: Indexed searchs
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 02:16:38 PM »

rmcellig

Thanks! I will do that. I installed spacefm to see if it also has a search capability.

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 01:47:49 PM »

anon222

• Muted
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Dual core Pentium E5700 3GHz

• MEMORY: 3Gb

• VIDEO CARD: GeForce GT 430
You can Install Nautilus file manager
Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get install nautilus

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 01:42:05 PM »

rmcellig

I found the functionality I am looking for in Linux Lite. I booted my computer using the live Ubuntu 14.04 live CD. When I open a folder I can click on the magnifying glass and then set where I want to search and what I am looking for. In my case audio files. Ubuntu uses Files for the file manager and it has the search function built in. What I like is that I can search for the files I need and then copy/paste the ones I want into another directory.

How can I get the same kind of functionality in Linux Lite?

Indexed searchs
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 06:54:12 AM »

rmcellig

I do a weekly radio show. When I put my show together, I need to quickly search for songs I have on my various drives that I can use on my show. At the moment I am using Catfish. This option is not working for me because I need to take the search results and copy them to a folder. It seems that Catfish only allows you to right click on one song at a time and do a save as which is not what I need to do considering I may find hundreds of songs I need to put into a separate folder.

At the moment I have to do my searches on my iMac because as I type in the search criteria, the results are being displayed, and I can take the results and put them into a specific folder.

What are my options? I am using Linux Lite 2.0. Really appreciate all the help and suggestions.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section