You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Cant enter GRUB or BIOS

Author (Read 1914 times)

Re: Cant enter GRUB or BIOS
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2024, 11:32:16 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
Remove the battery and the coin cell if one is present. Press the start key to drain residual cap power. Replace the coin cell if one was present. Plug in the AC power converter but if possible leave the main battery out for now. Restart and the BIOS should reset to default if this was originally a Windows machine.
TC   
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2024, 01:19:09 AM »

ahmetinci06

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
One option is to re-install the OS using the method you used originally.
Once done it is possible to set the system to display the grub menu for a few seconds on each boot to make it easier next time.
I cant because i cant enter to bios.And i cant find a way to bios from linuxlite 6.6. Im going to be focusing to reinstalling then recovering.thx again.

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2023, 03:10:06 AM »

stevef

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4460

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
One option is to re-install the OS using the method you used originally.
Once done it is possible to set the system to display the grub menu for a few seconds on each boot to make it easier next time.
clueless

Cant enter GRUB or BIOS
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2023, 12:40:15 PM »

ahmetinci06

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Hi, i have a old lenovo thinkpad. After i installed Linux Lite for some time i did not use it then i forgot my password and i wanted reset it by entering grub settings. Then when i trird to enter the combinations for to enter, i realized i cant. When i press any buttons upon boot it just freezes. I cant enter neither of them. Anyone have any idea? I will include the model of the computer when i found it.

Edit: Lenovo Thinkpad 10 Ultrabook
« Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 12:42:24 PM by ahmetinci06 »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section