« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 08:49:10 AM »

Searchernow

• PayPal Supporter
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
Ok, the automatic backup is still working after several days - I have it set to backup every day.

I must confess I'm not sure what I did to fix it - I discovered Lite Tweaks and fiddled around with, I think, Preload Apps, and a few other less complicated-looking (but "Safe") tweaks.
Anyway, soon after I got a request to enter the encryption password, and I selected Remember Password, and it has worked away each day in the background. Sorry I can't be more technical than that, but I seem to be the only one who had the problem anyway  :) !

I like this Backup utility, it backs up all my Home folder contents, and this includes the data and settings (effectively the Profiles) from my two browsers and Thunderbird. These can then all be restored to "original locations", using Restore in the backup window, if I ever do a clean install of linux.
SN.  I hope my reply has been useful - click Thank on the left.

Re: Backups automatic scheduling does not work
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 01:26:46 PM »

Searchernow

• PayPal Supporter
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

:)  seems to be working now!  I'll give it a couple more days to confirm the daily auto backups are still happening, then report more.

Backups automatic scheduling does not work
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 08:07:24 AM »

Searchernow

• PayPal Supporter
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Hi,

has anyone had this problem? - I have correctly set Backup to Scheduling>Automatic on>daily,  but it doesn't!

I leave the external backup SD card in all the time,
if i leave the backup window open (after a manual backup) it reads "last backup today" every day thereafter, until I close and re-open it then it will read "last backup 5 days ago" or whenever,
manual backups go perfectly, so the relevant location etc. settings are fine

The only (unlikely?) thing I can think of is that the pc is not running overnight and the system attempts a backup during sleep time. Unlikely, because I don't see any preferred time option.

It's not a life and death problem, just a minor irritation in the OS that I otherwise love.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 08:49:49 AM by Searchernow »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 7.0 RC1 Released - See Release Announcement Section