You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Motherboard swap

Author (Read 4889 times)

Re: Motherboard swap
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 10:30:39 PM »

stompy

• PayPal Supporter
  • New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD/ATI
SOLVED......thanks for the input guys. i tried so many things i'm cross eyed. after i figured out that the error did not affect anything, i decided too just go with the message and hit enter and let it boot. things are working like they should. so i am considering this mess solved. again thanks for the input. ;D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 10:44:06 PM by stompy »

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 10:18:23 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
Legacy support is under >boot options in your BIOS version. If it's not there try unplugging your hard drive and then going to the BIOS if the lap let's you, (otherwise just plug in an MBR HDD without a UEFI partition) If you were previously dual booting Win7 and LL, Legacy must have been enabled on the old board. The new board (not set to Legacy) is defaulting to the old Win7 UEFI partition on your HDD, (why the numbers don't match) so Legacy is not currently enabled in your BIOS.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2016, 11:50:28 PM »

stompy

• PayPal Supporter
  • New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

firenice03.....i don't have the secure boot option......dam, thanks for your input.

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 09:20:10 PM »

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD E2//Atom X5//AMD Phenom II X2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Mullin Radeon R2//Intel//AMD/ATI RS880

The links are in reference to the error and the usb...
The UEFI/Bios is different than whats in the links..

On my HP8300
Enter BIOS..
Under Secure Boot Config
Legacy Support = Enable
Secure Boot = Disabled

On mine when hitting ESC to access bios I have -- Run UEFI application --
This may be where you can access the options to update the numbers - but in my current set up it doesnt do anything..
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 09:38:48 AM by firenice03 »
LL4.8 UEFI 64 bit ASUS E402W - AMD E2 (Quad) 1.5Ghz  - 4GB - AMD Mullins Radeon R2
LL5.8 UEFI 64 bit Test UEFI Kangaroo (Mobile Desktop) - Atom X5-Z8500 1.44Ghz - 2GB - Intel HD Graphics
LL4.8 64 bit HP 6005- AMD Phenom II X2 - 8GB - AMD/ATI RS880 (HD4200)
LL3.8 32 bit Dell Inspiron Mini - Atom N270 1.6Ghz - 1GB - Intel Mobile 945GSE Express  -- Shelved
BACK LL5.8 64 bit Dell Optiplex 160 (Thin) - Atom 230 1.6Ghz - 4GB-SiS 771/671 PCIE VGA - Print Server
Running Linux Lite since LL2.2

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 08:07:49 PM »

stompy

• PayPal Supporter
  • New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

thanks guys for the input.

Trinidad....the battery trick did not work. that was my first thought.

Firenice03....still working thru and trying to understand the reading that you suggested. yup my head hurts, i use duckduckgo. not fond of google anything.
i'm clueless as how to get bios to legacy. i don't think my bios will do that. uefi confuses me. i know "dam newbie", but i'm tryin'.

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 11:09:38 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

Unplug the device. Take out all the batteries (board battery too if there is one) Push and hold the start key a few seconds first and afterwards. Put a new board battery back in if there was one to remove and leave lap battery out. If there was no board battery reconnect lap battery. Plug into AC. Start and go to BIOS. Accept defaults and save. Make sure there is or isn't a board battery. Some boards ship without the battery installed. There can be one or the other or both depending on the board. In your case probably both. Is it a new board or a used board from another computer? If it's used check the ACPI settings in the BIOS. 

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 10:45:16 AM »

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD E2//Atom X5//AMD Phenom II X2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Mullin Radeon R2//Intel//AMD/ATI RS880

Did a quick google search... Looks like it has to do with the new boards numbers not being valid in UEFI, lots of hits that will make your head hurt...

Assuming you are no longer going to run Win7 (or dual boot).. Try setting to the bios to legacy (non-uefi) then boot/install..
This may be the easiest (fingers crossed) if not, I found a "fix"  ??? its below, but I would try Legacy..

If you're curious... some info:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443193
http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/product-information-not-validhuh/16828.html

USB Fix:
http://wintegrity.blogspot.com/2012/12/how-to-fix-product-information-not.html
LL4.8 UEFI 64 bit ASUS E402W - AMD E2 (Quad) 1.5Ghz  - 4GB - AMD Mullins Radeon R2
LL5.8 UEFI 64 bit Test UEFI Kangaroo (Mobile Desktop) - Atom X5-Z8500 1.44Ghz - 2GB - Intel HD Graphics
LL4.8 64 bit HP 6005- AMD Phenom II X2 - 8GB - AMD/ATI RS880 (HD4200)
LL3.8 32 bit Dell Inspiron Mini - Atom N270 1.6Ghz - 1GB - Intel Mobile 945GSE Express  -- Shelved
BACK LL5.8 64 bit Dell Optiplex 160 (Thin) - Atom 230 1.6Ghz - 4GB-SiS 771/671 PCIE VGA - Print Server
Running Linux Lite since LL2.2

Motherboard swap
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 09:50:43 AM »

stompy

• PayPal Supporter
  • New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

i have 2 questions/problems....
1) i had to change motherboards in a HP 2000-219DX, was a Winders 7 machine, now LL3.0. part way into the boot-up i get a message telling me:

Product information not valid.
The following product information programmed into the system board is missing or invalid.
System Board (00A) - Product Name
System Board (00A) - Product Serial Number
System Board (00A) - Product Number
ENTER - Continue Startup
For more information, please visit: www.hp.com\go\techcenter\startup

went there and found nothing related to my issue. got into the BIOS setup and found those items missing, but no way to enter the needed info. they appear in the in the systeminfo report when i ran it. how do i fix that??

2) also in the systeminfo report i found that the BIOS version is not the most current. i found the newer version at HP support but it appears to be a Winders .exe. can i install it running LL 3.0? i tried re-installing Winders and LL but without success.

i hope someone can help me with these. i consider myself a Linux rookie. thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 11:09:31 PM by Jerry »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section