You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Cover panels with inactive windows

Author (Read 2368 times)

Re: Cover panels with inactive windows
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 02:22:35 PM »

torreydale

• PayPal Supporter
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • * Forum Moderator *
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel i5-3230M (4) @ 3.200GHz

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
@maxheadroom,

Seems like you don't want the panel to be "always on top."  An inactive window being behind the panel is normal behavior.  We even see it in MS Windows.  Looking online, I haven't been able to find a way to alter that behavior in the XFCE desktop environment.

This won't make the panel submit to an inactive window, but perhaps setting the Panel to Intelligently hide might be appealing.  To try it, go to the Panel Preferences (Menu, Settings, Panel), and under the Display tab, select Intelligently for the "Automatically hide the panel:" option.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 02:50:24 PM by torreydale »
Want to thank me?  Click my [Thank] link.

Cover panels with inactive windows
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 11:52:55 AM »

maxheadroom

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Greetings

I am not a big fan of conky or cairo dock. Thus I try to get the looks of them with the help of panels. Unfortunately inactive windows do not cover panels.
With all windows reduced I gained very pleasing results. However, as soon as a window that covers a panel is set inactive, the result does not look nice.
Is there any way that inactive windows cover panels as well?

Update: inactive windows do not hide "intelligently hidden panels either. I abandon this topic.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 07:10:49 AM by maxheadroom »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section