You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

This is just another reason folks hate Linux

Author (Read 3211 times)

Re: This is just another reason folks hate Linux
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2016, 12:42:27 AM »

Dookus

• Registered Linux User 533331
  • Forum Regular
  • I'm just this guy .... y'know?!
    • View Profile

• CPU: Many

• VIDEO CARD: Many
Have looked and cannot find these haters (at least I don't and until now have not met people or groups who claim hate towards Linus, have been using it since 1999 and a regular Linux and other flavours of forums visitor and user, google I hate Linux and sure enough there are results, but so is there for Windows and Mac), I'm sure there are people who claim to hate, haters are everywhere! thing is, all OS's and hardwares have and can cause problems, took me 3 weeks to overcome win10 problems stopping me from installing that particular OS, prevailed ... do I hate it, no, I've encountered one couple once who were looking to use me as their IT guy, they were recommended to use me, when they mentioned the problem they were having and I mentioned I'd encountered it before on my own hardware, they immediately arked up, how on earth can someone who earns their living in IT have encountered a problem with their own hardware, that person must be incompetent, they looked elsewhere, probably for someone who's personal hardware/software had never encountered a problem  ... Linux is not incompetent, it's created by humans and they make a lot of mistakes and encounter problems that need constant attention, enjoy this free OS and go ahead and find problems, you will on hardware and software of all creeds and flavours, it's a free world, but in my opinion it's better posts like this are not helpful and better left not said! or at least worded less aggressively.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 01:21:38 AM by Dookus »
I'm just this guy ... Y'know!?
Registered Linux User 533331

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2016, 12:43:17 PM »

arxontas

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD Athlon (TM) 64 processor 3500+

• MEMORY: 3Gb

• VIDEO CARD: OpenGL Renderer Mesa DRI Intel(R) G33 x86/MMX/SSE2
Yes there is no printer connected.
That is been  a problem for long time.even from a new LL install .
It is ok with me i live with  that.

I posted because yes there are many post they get no answer.
Yes im new and  try to learn LL.
Hope some day i be able to  use it  the same way i use windows .

For the people  know all abt LL and  have the time to help, please do that.
arxontas

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2016, 09:21:42 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
Configure the ad hoc net to the printer, or empty the print queue on the home box so that it stops trying to load to the unavailable remote queue, or turn off the print man, or remove the ad hoc net altogether if the printer is not really there. The question needs more specifics. Is there a printer on ad hoc to the computer? Is the ad hoc configured? Is there a job to print in the computer print queue? Most users here would assume this is something that you would intuitively figure out, and it is no essential threat to your system. People ask questions all the time that they figure out for themselves ten minutes later, and do not note that they have done so to the forum. 

Trinidad
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 08:47:40 AM »

DLX

• PayPal Supporter
  • Forum Regular
  • Knows sod all
    • View Profile

• MEMORY: 16Gb
Support here very fast. Some question do get missed I found too.
Note to self list to get fixed 1 by 1
Read how to make LL secure.
See what else Linux Lite can do.
I think X kill is cool :)

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 08:31:04 AM »

arxontas

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD Athlon (TM) 64 processor 3500+

• MEMORY: 3Gb

• VIDEO CARD: OpenGL Renderer Mesa DRI Intel(R) G33 x86/MMX/SSE2

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 05:00:50 AM »

bfb

• Banned
  • Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: i5

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
I have asked two questions on this Forum relatively recently and had no reply.
One was about how to install Shaggydog's updater on LL 3.0 (and that had been promised as being integral to 3.0 but isn't)  and the other was about how to update the 4.4 kernel if you have 2.8 rather than LL. 3.0 (which HAD been explained)

I have several machines with 2.8 or 3.0 installed and I am delighted with Lite as a distro, but please don't assume that questions are answered here.

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 02:28:50 AM »

N4RPS

• Donator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Knows JUST ENOUGH Linux to be DANGEROUS
    • View Profile
    • Orphans for Christ, Self Advocates of Mecklenburg

• CPU: Several Different 32-bit & 64-bit CPUs, 2-8 GB RAM

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Several Different AMD and Intel GPUs
Hello!

If a question gets asked here, the people that help out here voluntarily will either answer your question promptly, or will let you know that they don't have an answer for you. I've been here for almost 2 1/2 years, and I can count the number of times someone here had to ask for help a second time on one hand.

Most questions asked here usually have several different answers posted for them within a few hours. If no one has replied within a few days, the question is asked again, and THAT pretty much *ALWAYS* gets a response. As they do everywhere, questions DO 'slip through the cracks', you know. Fortunately, that is rare here...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

A gun in your hand is worth more than a whole police force on the phone.

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 12:12:18 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x

Several months ago a question I had never was answered.

:P

Which question was that? I can find a post that you had never answered - https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/other/update-error-2852/

This is just another reason folks hate Linux
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 11:30:01 PM »

IdigLinux

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: T7300

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Nvidia 140m
So I reinstalled Linux Lite today.   I've used it and other distros in the past and its been good.   This time the update failed.
Hmmm.   I pop into the forums and its the usual gobbledygook.   Use this and try that.   I removed a repo and its all good but I wonder how a new user to Linux would fare.   Linux Lite is supposed to be newbie friendly.    Several months ago a question I had never was answered.    I expect to RTFM with Arch or Fedora or even Debian.   The point of Mint, Ubuntu and distros like Linux Lite is ease of use and failed updates when new users try the distro out, ain't that.

:P

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section