You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Linux Lite 1.0.8 and Bash Vulnerability

Author (Read 2147 times)

Re: Linux Lite 1.0.8 and Bash Vulnerability
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 09:18:01 AM »

dby

Thanks for the reply Scott
Yes, I thought that sooner or later I would upgrade to 2.0. I'll set about doing that.

Regards dby

Re: Linux Lite 1.0.8 and Bash Vulnerability
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 09:11:43 AM »

Scott

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Dual core Intel Core i3 M 330

• MEMORY: 6Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Integrated Graphics
Hi Dby,

To make things simple I would update to LL 2.

The longer answer is that LL 1.8 lost support for it's out of the box 3.8 kernel on Aug 8, 2014. This means you will no longer receive certain critical updates. For the complete answer see this post:
https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/index.php?topic=645.msg3925#msg3925

There is an upgrade solution but unless you really need to stay with LL 1.08 I would just upgrade to LL 2.0 but this is Linux so the choice is yours.  :)

~Scott
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 09:28:56 AM by Scott(0) »

Linux Lite 1.0.8 and Bash Vulnerability
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 08:53:05 AM »

dby

Hello everyone, my first time posting.

I'm currently running Linux Lite 1.0.8 and as its performed faultlessly on my ageing former XP machine I haven't yet upgraded to 2.0. However, with the recent Shellshock bug being reported I've installed system updates and updated the Bash.

Having done that, I've run the tests recommended here: https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/index.php?topic=925.0 and the second still returns 'Vulnerable'. My question is threefold: is this a problem to be concerned with, is there likely to be a fix, or am I better off upgrading to 2.0?

I look forward to seeing any suggestions.
dby

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section