You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Short Introduction

Author (Read 2076 times)

Re: Short Introduction
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 10:10:11 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
Welcome to the community, and thank you for your feedback :)

Short Introduction
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 05:38:32 PM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
I have installed linux lite 2.8 on over a dozen boxes now, many times along side windows7 and 10, on machines as old as ten years, up to brand new. I repair windows machines and networks for personal and small business users. Every personal user customer I have gotten to try linux lite has converted wholly, some within a few days. The functionality of the GUI configuration tools is excellent. My everyday main system is Debian Jessie on its own disk, and Kali linux on a second disk to which I have added a partition for linux lite 2.8. For years I have installed Kubuntu on my customers windows systems as an alternative, but I have become disenchanted with KDE of late, even though I began there around 2000 with a boxed Suse linux CD set. I have had very few issues with linux lite installations that required the terminal. It is amazing how far we have come. It is an excellent piece of software for windows converts. I use the new lxle posh on my laptop, 2.4G cpu, but in all honesty I suspect that linux lite would be easier on the cpu because of some kernel configurations. I'm looking into why. I will continue to test linux lite on every new machine I get the opportunity to load it to. I am available for questions.
Trinidad   
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section