You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Driver Finder App

Author (Read 2421 times)

Re: Driver Finder App
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2023, 08:22:03 AM »

Kevin Perez

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
As frustrating as it is that I chose the worst dvd burner is the fact I waited until recently to try it out. If I tried using it back when I received it, then I would probably have had the opportunity to return it.

Re: Driver Finder App
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2023, 08:58:55 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
https://www.laptopmag.com/best-picks/best-external-dvd-drives

You have one of the worst choices for Linux.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

Driver Finder App
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2023, 12:16:43 AM »

Kevin Perez

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
Good evening,

I am guessing even if you guys help me find a driver finder application, I will still need to return my Cb31005. There is muchc, I find frustrating about this device. Firstly, the instructions are written in 2 pt font, which is my being modest, but I need a magnifying glass to read them. Secondly, after using a magnifier, I found out the driver installation disc was not included. Plus, the instructions claim I need to install something to get the dvd burner to work. On top of all this, after trying to burn onto 3 different discs, I kept hearing the spinning sound. You know the one when there is a scratch on your cd, and rather than trying to skip that section it just keeps bumping against the brick wall.

To make matters even more difficult, I did a search for Cb31005 drivers Linux, and I failed miserably to find anything. Like I said earlier, I am guessing even with a driver finder, I would still need to return the drive. I am also aware that Lite includes "Install Drivers". Unfortunately, this just does a search of graphics drivers. Unless, I am using it incorrectly.

You guys have any suggestions about how to find this sort of software?

Thank you & Happy Holidays.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section