You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

HP driver download servers down 7-18 and 7-19, causing HPLIP plugin error #8

Author (Read 2670 times)

N4RPS

• Donator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Knows JUST ENOUGH Linux to be DANGEROUS
    • View Profile
    • Orphans for Christ, Self Advocates of Mecklenburg

• CPU: Several Different 32-bit & 64-bit CPUs, 2-8 GB RAM

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Several Different AMD and Intel GPUs
Hello!

Thanks for sharing, but I'd like to remind all users installing and using any software from other sites and sources like this can be unsafe. It's always ideal to get this stuff from a vendors site when possible. It's always worth it to be safe.

That said, do what you gotta do!

Understood, Shaggy, and that's what I do whenever possible. However, it's only a bash script, so you can look at it and check for any evil code...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

A gun in your hand is worth more than a whole police force on the phone.

shaggytwodope

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Shaggy's Blog

• CPU: Intel i5 4440

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD Graphics 4600
Thanks for sharing, but I'd like to remind all users installing and using any software from other sites and sources like this can be unsafe. It's always ideal to get this stuff from a vendors site when possible. It's always worth it to be safe.

That said, do what you gotta do!
The Truth is out there.
Be sure to check the Manual out and always report Bugs or feature requests.

N4RPS

• Donator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Knows JUST ENOUGH Linux to be DANGEROUS
    • View Profile
    • Orphans for Christ, Self Advocates of Mecklenburg

• CPU: Several Different 32-bit & 64-bit CPUs, 2-8 GB RAM

• VIDEO CARD: Several Different AMD and Intel GPUs
Hello!

Tried to install HPLIP this weekend. Wouldn't download the plugin, returning error #8. Turns out the issue is related to HP taking down its driver download servers for maintenance this weekend. They say they'll be back up Monday, but we'll see. I hope so, because I also need drivers for my HP Compaq 6000 desktop. (They sure have great timing, don't they?)

In the meantime, the needed plugin can be found at https://www.openprinting.org/download/printdriver/auxfiles/HP/plugins/.

You will need to right-click on the bottom two links on the page (one at a time), and choose 'Save Link As'. In Setup, when it asks for the plugin to be installed, select 'select and install a local copy' and point it to the directory where you downloaded the two files. More info here:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/649963/hplip-gives-a-error-messages-when-trying-to-installing-plug-in-for-hp-p1102w-pri

will tell you where to go and how to install the plugin manually - which is what I'M going to be doing from here on out...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

A gun in your hand is worth more than a whole police force on the phone.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section