You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Where to Download the Previous Version Of Lite?

Author (Read 8710 times)

Re: Where to Download the Previous Version Of Lite?
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 01:21:42 PM »

smhardesty

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD A8-6410 APU

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Radeon R5 Graphics × 4
I've never used it either, but think it's just a way to not only save settings, etc., but also a way to sync those same settings to multiple computers/devices using their "cloud" vs. just doing what you said (copying ".mozilla" folder) using a USB stick between computers.  Like you, I do things the old-fashioned way using hardware under my control and copy either the entire ".mozilla" folder, or just make bookmark backups to be shared between computers.

Aahhh. OK. I didn't know that.

Not muddying the waters at all in my opinion.  Your (and my) way is simple, quick and easy and is not reliant on someone else's "cloud" or the ability/inability to connect to it.

I guess I just spent too many years working IT in business/non-profit. Too many hours spent trying to recover either rooms full of computers, or entire networks, attacked from outside sources. Just the thought of connecting one of my PCs to a "cloud" gives me shivers. I have to clean my wife's laptop up on a regular basis because she spends a lot of time on Facebook. She's been hounding me this past week about how slow her laptop is already. And it's running LL! It's nothing more than the junk she has accumulated while on that danged "social disease" site. Oh, well.
Steve

If I was able to help, click my "Thank" link.

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 12:36:48 AM »

gold_finger

• Documentation Writer
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E7500 3.0GHz

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 4 Series Integrated Graphics
Quote from: smhardesty
I have never used Sync. In fact, I know nothing about Sync.
I've never used it either, but think it's just a way to not only save settings, etc., but also a way to sync those same settings to multiple computers/devices using their "cloud" vs. just doing what you said (copying ".mozilla" folder) using a USB stick between computers.  Like you, I do things the old-fashioned way using hardware under my control and copy either the entire ".mozilla" folder, or just make bookmark backups to be shared between computers.

Quote from: smhardesty
I may be way out of my league here and might even be muddying the waters.
Not muddying the waters at all in my opinion.  Your (and my) way is simple, quick and easy and is not reliant on someone else's "cloud" or the ability/inability to connect to it.
Try Linux Beginner Search Engine for answers to Linux questions.

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 03:07:19 PM »

smhardesty

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD A8-6410 APU

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Radeon R5 Graphics × 4
I may be way out of my league here and might even be muddying the waters. I have never used Sync. In fact, I know nothing about Sync. What I am reading here seems to me to indicate that Sync saves all your Firefox settings, favorites, passwords, etc. If that's correct, maybe I can offer an alternative. In the past I used Firefox from somewhere around version 1.x when it was Phoenix. Somewhere along the line in version 20 something I started saving the entire .mozilla directory to a safe location, then after I got a new install done and updates run, I would simply copy the .mozilla folder back to it's correct location in the Home directory. I never had to change a thing. It was exactly the way it I wanted it.

If I'm way off course, just ignore this post. I just thought I'd offer a tidbit.
Steve

If I was able to help, click my "Thank" link.

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 10:14:43 PM »

PinStripe

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD QUAD 4

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: ATI RS780L [Radeon 3000]
Where can I find the MD5 for the 3.2 version, 64 bit?

The download site says the file is 1 gig... but then once downloaded, K3B says it is 977 MB.

Here is the checksum K3B reports for my download:  c0e272b0bc8b3a818d8ecb4c07bfdd4d

EDIT: Nevermind... I found it. The checksum above is correct.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 10:31:58 PM by PinStripe »

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 08:54:57 PM »

PinStripe

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Well, the one issue is if I cannot sync my firefox browser... I LOSE all of my favorites and other stuff sync retains.
this One issue alone is enough to make me go back. So, I'm off to see the Wizard... hehe I will probably DL 3.2
version.

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 08:51:43 PM »

Ottawagrant

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Duo Core 2 E8400 @ 3.00GHz

• MEMORY: 12Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Mesa DRI Intel Q45/Q43
Older versions of Linux Lite can be found here:
https://www.linuxliteos.com/mirrors.php
 Pick a location close to you, click on the link & open the folder for the version you want. Please remember that Linux Lite 1.0.0 to 1.0.8 are out of support. Linux Lite 2.0 to 2.8 are only supported until April 2019. You might want to think about posting the problems you're having. Lots of good people here that might be able to help you out. Plus, Linux Lite 3.6 is just around the corner. Might solve some of the problems you're having.

Where to Download the Previous Version Of Lite?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 07:38:28 PM »

PinStripe

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

I'm already having several issues with 3.4 version. Where can I re-download the last version of this OS?
I want to go back. I had way less issues.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section