You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Update from RC to Stable, or need to reinstall Stable when available?

Author (Read 10022 times)

Eddystone

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
This person has had a Linux distro before so is familiar with it, and this would be dual boot with Windows 10.

She has rec'd a new computer with Win 10 preloaded.

I would probably install Linux Lite 6.4 on-site and do the upgrade later on.

Thanks for the response!

stevef

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4460

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
If I install Linux Lite 6.6 RC1 now, can the system be simply updated from the installed RC1 to the Stable version when it's ready?
No, RC versions are stand alone releases for testing.  There is no in-series path to them or from them.
Only install RC if you want to help with the testing.

If you install the current stable version 6.4 there will be an in-series upgrade path to 6.6 Final when it is released.
If the system is remote, best to let other people try it and report back before getting your friend to go for it.
clueless

Update from RC to Stable, or need to reinstall Stable when available?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2023, 10:07:56 AM »

Eddystone

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
I'm looking to install Lite on a friend's computer that is located at a great distance. I won't be around to install the upcoming new Stable version on that computer.

If I install Linux Lite 6.6 RC1 now, can the system be simply updated from the installed RC1 to the Stable version when it's ready? Or will the Stable version require a clean install?

Thanks.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section