You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Tips please on install for setting multi-user desktop preferences efficiently?

Author (Read 3061 times)

Vera

• PayPal Supporter
  • Forum Regular
  • Enjoying Linux Lite.
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Quad Core 1.6GHz

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Radeon
I eventually figured this out for LL 3.8 and posted it in the desktop customization section: https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/desktop-customization/replicating-the-desktop-settings-for-one-user-based-on-another-user/ . I don't know if this method will work for 4.0 or not, but it gives me a starting point to try after I install LL 4.0.

UPDATE: Yes I tried it and it works with LL 4.0!

« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 02:16:16 PM by Vera »
Using Linux Lite for everything now. I put it on my desktop and my laptop. Woohoo!

Vera

• PayPal Supporter
  • Forum Regular
  • Enjoying Linux Lite.
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Quad Core 1.6GHz

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Radeon
Hi, I have 2 machines, each of which have more than one user. I'm currently on LL 3.8, FYI. I'd love to move to 4.0, and I'm wondering about setting it up for multi-user. I feel there must be a more efficient way than what I did last time?!

Last time I installed LL, I set up my desktop preferences by pointing and clicking (fonts, toolbar, etc etc). This took easily 30 mins or more (most of it spent setting up the desktop appearance).

Then, I created the other 2 user accounts and set up the fonts, toolbar, etc etc by pointing and clicking and repeating all those steps, even though I wanted the same desktop appearance as the main account. Needless to say this took at least another hour (30 mins or so for each user account). Is there a way to set up the desktop appearance for my 2 users to default to the same as that of my admin?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 02:19:10 PM by Vera »
Using Linux Lite for everything now. I put it on my desktop and my laptop. Woohoo!

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section