You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

New user

Author (Read 5732 times)

New user
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 11:08:33 AM »

drrdf

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD 4200

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Nvidia
Hi: I am a new user of Linux Lite and have been very impressed by what I have seen so far. I have migrated now 5 Pcs from Linux Mint to Linux Lite; this is because due to bloat and the new kernel my hardware is no longer compatible with the latest Linux Mint. However, I find it all runs OK on Linux Lite - very good.

However, I do have a few problems. Initially I had a problem with Wireless cards (doesn't almost everyone?). I have now solved most of those problems. The remaining problem which I have is with Numlock being enforced by the OS it seems whatever you do; although this start-up option is inhibited in my BIOS and I have now also selected the option to inhibit it in Linux Lite, it still defaults to numlock ON. This results in some PCs not being able to log in at all because it distorts normal keys.  Does anyone know how to inhibit this idiocy once and for all please? Why on earth anyone would want to override the BIOS setting for Numlock at every start-up God only knows?

Also one other thing which I find annoying is the integration of the normal mouse cursor pointer and the timing rotating icon splurged on it. Is there any way to inhibit the mouse cursor whilst a timed function is performing, so that only the timing rotating icon shows please?

Other than those two issues I think this is probably now the very best Linux OS for older XP vintage PCs, and long may it continue.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section