You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Monitor Disabled with Live DVD

Author (Read 2153 times)

Re: Monitor Disabled with Live DVD
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 11:52:19 AM »

sunnyd

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
There are three connector types, HDMI, VGA and DVI-D on the screen but the video card on the computer only has HDMI and DVI-D. It makes no difference which connection I use.

I have now tried Linux Mint also, the same happens, the one that does load OK is Voyager Linux for some reason! If I can find the differences between them, maybe I would be nearer to getting Linux Lite to run too. They are all Ubuntu based I think and the latest versions.

Just tried a different HDMI connected screen and the same still happens, definitely not a screen issue, must be something to do with the bios possibly.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 12:42:42 PM by sunnyd »

Re: Monitor disabled when trying to run live dvd
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 10:27:13 AM »

Scott

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Dual core Intel Core i3 M 330

• MEMORY: 6Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Integrated Graphics
Hi Sunnyd,
I think there are four connector types of this monitor: VGA, DVI-D, HDCP, HDMI. What connection types have you tried so far? Are the results the same when testing with different connector types?
Scott

Monitor Disabled with Live DVD
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 09:58:01 AM »

sunnyd

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
I have an hp 10gb ram amd a8-6500 apu with amd hd graphics tower with an hp pavillion 23xi monitor which is giving me trouble trying to run the linux lite dvd. When I try to run the dvd from the default option, nothing happens at all. When I try to run the safe mode option it runs through the setup but then disables the monitor, saying the monitor is deactivated. I have tried adding nomodeset and xforcevesa also but it makes no difference.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 10:29:02 AM by Scott(0) »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section