You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

LL 6.6 runs OK after clean install, but crashes after about 24-hours

Author (Read 4470 times)

LL 6.6 runs OK after clean install, but crashes after about 24-hours
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2023, 10:01:17 AM »

alloydog

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Hell's teeth and Satan's kittens!

• CPU: Intel Celeron B840

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: killed the radio card..

• Kernel: 5.x
I got *new* laptop and did a clean installation of Linux Lite 6.6. Ran through the updates and so on.

Everything ran OK, even after a few reboots the same evening.  Then the next day, I started the laptop and after login, the desktop launched OK, then suddenly the screen scrambled (multi-coloured horizontal lines), then blank.  After a few seconds, the laptop rebooted.  Again, logged in OK, desktop started OK, but this time it just went blank.

The next day (yesterday, relative to this post) I did a new clean install.  That evening, all was well.

Home from work now, booted laptop and get the same crash sequence.

The only thing I can think, so far, is that during installation, I checked install third-party drivers, which required me to give a password for secure boot.  It said that I would be asked for this password on next boot up.  However, on both occassions, I have not been asked for the secure boot password.

I am now running this from the USB stick.

The laptop is a Lenovo ideapad 330 with AMD A6 processor and STONEY graphics.

How can I start looking for problem?

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section