You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

It will be possible update from inside Linux Lite 6.6 for Linux Lite 6.7 or 7.x?

Author (Read 6449 times)

Re: Answer
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2023, 07:17:40 PM »

Carlos Bernardino

• New to Forums
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Celeron 1.5Ghz Dual Core

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD Graphics

• Kernel: 6.x
I'm sorry, but when I tried to quote the other previous topic, I just could not post because the site that showed me was one website from cloudflare, verifying if I was not a robot and if the connection was secure, but it never post the message and I don't know the reason!

I'm sorry. If you can put this topic in the previous topic, I'm very grateful.

EDIT: Maybe when I catch some money to buy a USB Flash Drive, I will upgrade for Linux 7 if the hardware resources will not be so higher!

Regards!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 07:23:02 PM by Carlos Bernardino »

Answer
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2023, 07:13:21 PM »

Carlos Bernardino

• New to Forums
    • View Profile

Upgrading Linux Lite within a series (  for example from 6.6 to 6.8   ) does not require installation from USB/disk.  If you have a 6.6 system, it will just be a few clicks to initiate the process.

6.8 will be the last release of series 6 and is due in February 2024.  Series 6 will remain in support until April 2027.

Upgrading Linux Lite between series (for example from 6.8 to 7.0) is expected to require fresh installation of 7.0 from USB/disk.

The next series 7.0 is expected in June 2024.

Ok, thank you for helping.

So I would prefer to stay with Linux Lite 6.8 when it becomes available.  :54:

Maybe for running Linux 7x it will be necessary more hardware resources.

This Linux 6.6 it's cool and my mother like it, so nothing to worry, because the support will be available until February 2027!

Regards! :045:

stevef

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4460

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
Upgrading Linux Lite within a series (  for example from 6.6 to 6.8   ) does not require installation from USB/disk.  If you have a 6.6 system, it will just be a few clicks to initiate the process.

6.8 will be the last release of series 6 and is due in February 2024.  Series 6 will remain in support until April 2027.

Upgrading Linux Lite between series (for example from 6.8 to 7.0) is expected to require fresh installation of 7.0 from USB/disk.

The next series 7.0 is expected in June 2024.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 04:12:09 AM by stevef »
clueless

Carlos Bernardino

• New to Forums
    • View Profile

Hello!

I have one doubt that I want to ask.

The update of Linux Lite 6.6 for Linux Lite 6.7 can be made using one updater inside the Operating System Linux 6.6? The same ask for Linux 7.x?

I don't have many resources to buy some USB Flash Drives and thanks to this distribution I give another life for the PC of my mother!

Thank you very much for reading and if is possible an answer!

Regards!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 07:24:50 PM by Carlos Bernardino »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section