You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Installing Linux Lite on HP Chromebook 14-q020nr

Author (Read 5457 times)

Re: Installing Linux Lite on HP Chromebook 14-q020nr
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 12:44:32 PM »

bitsnpcs

• Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile
    • Try to Grow

• Kernel: 4.x
You Welcome @JanetBiggar  :) good to read you have got it up and running.

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 08:21:06 AM »

JanetBiggar

• PayPal Supporter
  • I come here a lot
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • iizidima
Thanks bitsnpcs, I did see that article and then also used this other link which had pictures (very helpful):https://www.maketecheasier.com/replace-chromebook-bios/

The HP Chromebook is up and running, however as reddit pointed out the touchpad doesn't work so I have to use a USB mouse.  Unfortunately the link to the kernel is  not longer available.  I've tried various "solutions" to get it working but so far I'm not winning!  I might just resign myself to this computer needing a USB mouse. 

I will try posting my issue (and attempted solutions) in the hardware section to see if someone has successfully gotten the touchpad to work  ;)

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 08:48:44 AM »

bitsnpcs

• Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile
    • Try to Grow

• Kernel: 4.x

Installing Linux Lite on HP Chromebook 14-q020nr
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 06:24:12 AM »

JanetBiggar

• PayPal Supporter
  • I come here a lot
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • iizidima
I'm hoping someone can help.  I have received a charge cord for the HP Chromebook which was donated to me for use with the youth in South Africa.  I would like to put Linux Lite on it, however am not really familiar with the Chromebook and I sense from some reading in the forums it may not be "easy".  I have only just turned on the chromebook and do not even see any keys to press to get into the BIOS such that I can even trial run Linux Lite off of the ISO USB...

I will google how to get into the BIOS later today after my volunteer shift, however IF anyone in the community has some good pointers for both the BIOS AND IF/HOW I can put Linux Lite on it that would be great!  It is an HP Chromebook 14-q020nr 2G RAM HD=16G

Thanks in Advance.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 08:15:01 AM by JanetBiggar »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section