You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Cannot install Linux Lite

Author (Read 2232 times)

Re: Cannot install Linux Lite
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 09:32:33 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
Black screen blinking cursor usually is indicative of incorrectly configured video. You say Debian worked, do you mean you installed Debian and the installation booted through to the GUI for you after installation? If so, how did you install the nvidia package and set up the video card? Same applies to Linux Lite. Ctrl Alt F2, install nvidia drivers that match your card, systemtctl restart lightdm.

TC   
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 09:35:53 AM by trinidad »
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

Cannot install Linux Lite
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 01:33:58 PM »

tuckj1958

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: I9

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Nvidia RX 2070
I have enjoyed using Linux Lite until a recent update. I have a Intel I9 processor and Nvidia RTX 2070 video card. I recently upgraded my drives to all NVME and now I cannot install Lite with USB of latest release. I have tried several attempts, downloaded the current ISO several times and recreated the USB install. Everything seems to install correctly until I reboot and get nothing but a black screen and blinking cursor. Other Debian, Ubuntu, and even Arch distro work fine. What is up with this?

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 11:06:32 PM by firenice03 »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section