You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

After install No Wallpaper - panel on top

Author (Read 3085 times)

Re: After install No Wallpaper - panel on top
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 02:23:55 AM »

gold_finger

• Documentation Writer
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E7500 3.0GHz

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 4 Series Integrated Graphics
Also, in case you are wondering, I did not check the MD5 sum before installing and yes I know I should have.

If you've still got the downloaded ISO file, go ahead and check to see if md5sum matches what's on the download page.  If it's bad, download again and reinstall.  Otherwise don't worry about it unless system starts having problems.

After I installed it, I was surprised to find a desktop without wallpaper, the panel was top mounted and the menu icon with the standard xfce mouse rather than the Linux Lite icon....

Anybody else experience this/have this problem?

I have one laptop that does that all of the time on new installations.  The laptop has connections for an external monitor and a TV, but I don't have either of them hooked up to it.  For some reason, on initial bootup after a new installation the laptop acts like it's got three displays that aren't properly configured.  So it boots to the standard Xfce ugly desktop and mouse logo.  I go to Menu -> Settings -> Display and uncheck the unused monitors so only one activated is the laptop screen itself -- then it all goes back to normal.  (It's been a while since I've messed with that machine, so can't remember if I got the standard Xfce panels too -- but I think I did.)  Once I make the settings change, it doesn't happen again.

No idea if that is your situation or not, but you might want to have a look at Display settings to be sure.
Try Linux Beginner Search Engine for answers to Linux questions.

Re: After install No Wallpaper - panel on top
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 08:28:22 PM »

rokytnji

• Friganeer
  • Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core2 Duo U9600

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Mobile 4
II

Everything I typed out was highlighted in blue till this sentence.
Lets see what happens when I hit preview.

I'd leave it be and just keep the reinstall option in mind if other things that
don't work right crop up. My above sentence about preview is because this reply
box is acting up since I am on my Acer C710 Chromebook with ChromeOS on it.

This is the 1st time I have ever posted here on this netbook.
So just wait and see. Unless you wish to practice anyways.
I used to run off of SD flash all the time on my EEEPC when I had a couple of them.
LL 3.6,2.8
Dell XT2 > Touchscreen Laptop
Dell 755 > Desktop
Acer 150 > Desktop
I am who I am. Your approval is not needed.

After install No Wallpaper - panel on top
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 07:46:16 PM »

f.bluedevil

I installed Linux Lite on a USB stick and after using the live session I decided to install it on my laptop.  After I installed it, I was surprised to find a desktop without wallpaper, the panel was top mounted and the menu icon with the standard xfce mouse rather than the Linux Lite icon. 

I installed wallpaper, added a new menu from the panel etc., and everything seems to work fine, but I was surprised that the desktop was totally different from the live session.  Now I am concerned that maybe the iso file was corrupted and there maybe be a price to pay later.  Anybody else experience this/have this problem?   Also, in case you are wondering, I did not check the MD5 sum before installing and yes I know I should have.

Now should I continue on or download a new iso and re-install?

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section