You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

lighten Lite?

Author (Read 5998 times)

Re: lighten Lite?
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 12:40:16 PM »

newtusmaximus

• Gold Level Poster
  • Paypal Supporter.
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core duo 6300 1.86GHz

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 82Q963/Q965

• Kernel: 5.x
FWIW, I have <Ranted> on this approach several times previously.  Believe the move to DVD  "oversized" LL.  Cutting back to a "superlite" approach with basic browser (e.g. Min ? ) and  the ability to cherry pick add-ons readily available through Lite Software would mean CD could possibly be used instead.  Older laptops not having necessarily DVD writer function. ??

BTW has UBUNTU come to a definite decision re life expectancy  32bit versions.?

Just checked LL Database - "
 Search found 3745 computer configurations with the keyword/s [32 bit]
Click here to view all 7176 computer configurations uploaded to the hardware database to date."
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 01:51:37 PM by newtusmaximus »
2006 - HP DC7700p ultraslim Desktop Intel 6300 cpu  4GB Ram LL3.8 64bit.
2007 - Fujitsu Siemens V3405 Laptop  2 GB Ram LL3.6 32bit. Now 32bit Debian 9 + nonfree.
2006 - Fujitsu Siemens Si1520 Laptop Intel T720 cpu 3GB Ram   LL5.6 64 Bit
2014 - Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook E754 Intel i7 4712MQ 16GB Ram LL6.6
2003 - RETIRED Toshiba Satellite Pro A10 1 GB RAM LL2.8 32bit

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 11:53:49 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

In the absence of an official release, you guys can always spin up a custom distro under Systemback.

Sent from my Mobile phone using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 11:30:46 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

Coastie:

I may have some suggestions for you by the end of today. I am currently working on a specific project of my own building an Ubu ISO with specialized EFI boot tools, ntfs tools, certain forensic tools, and virtualization tools, that will allow testing and/or installation from stored ISOs, among several other features. Basically a one time install that will facilitate any future modifications to dual boot systems eliminating grub and efi issues once and for all with enough reach using a virtualized Ubu server to handle multiple domains and an HDD installed  footprint of 30g or less. I have had success with these things from full system but customizing and/or building an ISO is time consuming for my hardware and myself. I drank so much coffee the other day, I had to drink a six pack of beer before trying to sleep.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 11:06:30 AM »

Coastie

• PayPal Supporter
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite User
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD A10-6700 (ASUS M32)

• MEMORY: 12Gb

• VIDEO CARD: ADM Radeon HD (integrated)
I would find this helpful too because I have been asked to set up some donated computers for the the library in my congregation's adult lounge. Of course, I will do it using Linux Lite. I don't just want to clone my system because I don't want to include all my passwords, etc. and they won't need as many programs.

This would be the simplest way to do it and avoid having to learn to use a program to get a lightened Linux Lite. If this won't be done soon, suggestions for what program to use for this purpose will be appreciated.

Left Mac OS X for Linux in Jan 2014

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 10:57:59 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

Theoretically yes. I might consider doing this if Ubuntu dropped 32bit support.

Sent from my Mobile phone using Tapatalk

lighten Lite?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 10:12:57 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

Could the LL ISO be lightened (speedier installation, smaller footprint) by including optional LibreOffice, Firefox, Thunderbird and Gimp, in Lite Software rather than setting them up during installation, or is this a dependency issue for XFCE desktop? Perhaps a Linux "super" Lite version?

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section