Posts: 1
Threads: 1
Joined: Oct 2026
Reputation:
0
Hello the community !
It is my first post on this forum.I run Lite 8.0 and there is no problem for now.I like the philosophy of this OS.It reminds me MX Linux but with Ubuntu.In fact i've installed Enlightenment 27.1 beside XFCE.It is a wonderfull DE too, under-estimate which is very light on ram.
Best regards,
Amol
Posts: 509
Threads: 18
Joined: Jun 2020
Reputation:
3
(7 hours ago)Amol Wrote: Hello the community !
It is my first post on this forum.I run Lite 8.0 and there is no problem for now.I like the philosophy of this OS.It reminds me MX Linux but with Ubuntu.In fact i've installed Enlightenment 27.1 beside XFCE.It is a wonderfull DE too, under-estimate which is very light on ram.
Best regards,
Amol
Hello and welcome!
I hope you'll enjoy the world of Linux Lite!
(7 hours ago)Amol Wrote: [...] is very light on ram.
I like to add that actually, after 8 years of running Linux Lite, I'm confident to say that the overall footprint or the "pressure" on the system, is very well balanced and it is very fault-tolerant.
The only trouble you might encounter, usually has to do with the upstream packages (drivers, mostly) or exotic apps (the ones that you get through a PPA).
You'll get to see that the community is also very friendly and responsive.
Best regards!
"It's easy to die for an idea. It's way harder TO LIVE for your idea!"
Current Machine:
Dell Precision T1700, 16 GB RAM, SSD Kingston A400, 480 GB.
Laptop:
ASUS X200MA , Intel® Celeron® N2830, 2 GB RAM, SSD Kingston A400, 480 GB.