(11 hours ago)stevef Wrote: The photo shows that the text copied and pasted earlier was truncated.
Providing incorrect information does not help anyone.
My last suggestion is to upgrade to Linux Lite7.8
I checked again. I see that the last few words were missing in the copy-paste. Sorry!
I doubt that this audio issue will be solved with 7.8, as the issue was there with 8.0, which I tried before.
When I wanted to try 7.8, the boot USB did not boot.
Well, I may as well try to install 7.8 again.
PS: I tried the following.
- 7.8 : Bootable USB did not boot.
- 7.6 : Bootable USB did not boot.
- 7.2 : Bootable USB did boot. So, I checked where you told me to check. Earphone is shown "unplugged" whereas it is plugged. (I checked this in live. I did not install.)
To make bootable USB, I used rufus-4.15p under Windows 10.
By the way, if I had an issue like this with Windows, I would change the audio driver and test. I don't know much about Linux, but is it possible to change the audio driver? As 5.8 doesn't have this issue, I could downgrade the audio driver to the version used in 5.8??? Well, that's just a thought...
Best regards