paul1149

• PayPal Supporter
  • I come here a lot
  • Enjoying Linux
    • View Profile

• CPU: C2D

• MEMORY: 6Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia
You're right. I removed the driver and the yellow screen is back. nVidia also prevented libreoffice from using OpenCL.

Re: Minor boot-up, shutdown weirdness on 3.0
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 02:21:37 AM »

torreydale

• PayPal Supporter
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • * Forum Moderator *
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel i5-3230M (4) @ 3.200GHz

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
Nvidia driver is going to give you the purple Ubuntu 16.04 screen.  You can use the Lite Tweaks bootup fix to change the boot so that you see Linux Lite 3.0 instead.
Want to thank me?  Click my [Thank] link.

Minor boot-up, shutdown weirdness on 3.0
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 09:57:12 AM »

paul1149

• PayPal Supporter
  • I come here a lot
  • Enjoying Linux
    • View Profile

• CPU: C2D

• MEMORY: 6Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia
This is all very minor, and I'm not going to do much, if anything, to rectify it, but I wanted to cite the situation, especially as one aspect of it also happened on 2.6-2.8.

About two weeks ago, instead of the standard LL 3.0 splash screen, I began getting my desktop wallpaper. Just the wallpaper; no icons, widgets or anything else. This is fine with me, the WP is easier on the eyes top of the morning than the yellow splash, but I can see how it could be a privacy problem for some.

Now, just today, while booting up, instead of the "Linux Lite 3.0" progress screen the system reverted to the purple "ubuntu 16.04" screen. This happened to me on the previous install as well. It seemed to occur when I switched to the proprietary nVidia video driver, but that could be a coincidence. I've been running that driver on 3.0 since the beginning, several weeks now, and this didn't happen until right now.

Finally, on boot down, a couple of weeks ago, for two days the machine would not boot down completely, and I had to force it down from a blinking cursor on a black screen. That rectified itself, but since then I get a fleeting error message on a black screen that says something like "could not initialize OM; ignoring...", and then the machine shuts down successfully.

Nothing major, but I thought the feedback might be useful.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 7.0 RC1 Released - See Release Announcement Section