You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

No icon desktop

Author (Read 8808 times)

Re: No icon desktop
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 08:59:50 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
https://github.com/PonasKovas/rlaunch

This might work for you with LL though you'll have to figure it out... Otherwise just run a "commander" style file manager and add launchers, something I used to do with gnome-commander in Debian 9 for quite a while.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

Re: No icon desktop
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 07:52:04 PM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: amd athlon 64 x2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: amd radeon hd 6750

• Kernel: 5.x
Pardon me for my senility
Sometime time ago I used a release of some linux product that allowed me to disable the icon from a launcher and just use the words themselves.
I am looking as to what desktop that was?

By way of explanation.  Now that I am senile I can no longer look at an Icon and associate it with something physical.  That includes colors and other things that require cognitive skills.
Thanks for any help you can give, this maybe the last stop before god old "PCdos" where I started .

If I understand correctly, you want text instead of icons on your desktop? Hmmm ... I don't think that's possible, at least not in xfce, however, you can adjust font size making the text bigger:
1 Right-click on the desktop and from the context  menu select Desktop Settings
2 In the window that pops up, select the icons tab
3 Under appearance, tick the box righ where it reads custom font size
4 Adjust the font size as per your needs.
5 Click on close

Hope this helps! :)
Without each others help there ain't no hope for us :)
Need a translation service? https://www.deepl.com/es/translator

No icon desktop
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 04:24:17 PM »

jim

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD Athlon II

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD
Pardon me for my senility
Sometime time ago I used a release of some linux product that allowed me to disable the icon from a launcher and just use the words themselves.
I am looking as to what desktop that was?

By way of explanation.  Now that I am senile I can no longer look at an Icon and associate it with something physical.  That includes colors and other things that require cognitive skills.
Thanks for any help you can give, this maybe the last stop before god old "PCdos" where I started .

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section