You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Cannot boot to LL, stuck in a constant boot loop

Author (Read 4350 times)

Re: Cannot boot to LL, stuck in a constant boot loop
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2020, 09:11:35 PM »

minesheep

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
So I was trying to install linux lite, and I succeeded in doing so. But I must've done something wrong because whenever I boot normally, I get a screen that has 4 options: Ubuntu, Advanced options for Ubuntu, Memory test (memtest86+), and Memory test (memtest86+, serial console 115200). No matter what option I choose, the computer restarts and I get the same screen again. I have tried many settings, but to no avail. I am running a Dell DM051 Bios Revison A02. The last time I did the memory test, I ended up getting 68000000+ errors. I can't do a clean install due to the fact that the computer I'm writing this with right now is the only one that connects to the internet. It runs chromeOS and therefore can't create bootable iso's, and I can't turn the Linux settings on. I can only do the basic BASH commands, so I can't do something like fdisk, mount, etc, etc. Also, for some reason, /vmlinuz doesn't exist. Running the 'ls' command, I get (hd0), (hd0,msdos5), (hd0,msdos1), and fd0.
That probably is why! You have bad ram and/or it is losing contact with your motherboard try reinstalling RAM on the computer that does not boot. If that does not work and you have 2 or more RAM slots try to temporarily remove some RAM and then run memtest. If you still have errors try putting the RAM back and remove another and run memtest again.

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2020, 03:44:48 PM »

kissbaby3

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: 1.4 GHz

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: on board
So I was trying to install linux lite, and I succeeded in doing so. But I must've done something wrong because whenever I boot normally, I get a screen that has 4 options: Ubuntu, Advanced options for Ubuntu, Memory test (memtest86+), and Memory test (memtest86+, serial console 115200). No matter what option I choose, the computer restarts and I get the same screen again. I have tried many settings, but to no avail. I am running a Dell DM051 Bios Revison A02. The last time I did the memory test, I ended up getting 68000000+ errors. I can't do a clean install due to the fact that the computer I'm writing this with right now is the only one that connects to the internet. It runs chromeOS and therefore can't create bootable iso's, and I can't turn the Linux settings on. I can only do the basic BASH commands, so I can't do something like fdisk, mount, etc, etc. Also, for some reason, /vmlinuz doesn't exist. Running the 'ls' command, I get (hd0), (hd0,msdos5), (hd0,msdos1), and fd0.

sorry i am no help, but i also see this sometimes when i first turn on(boot-up)  my desktop PC , first thing when i wake up in the morning, i dont pick or choose any of the options, i just leave it alone, eventually it just finishes booting up, i am using linux lite 5.0 64bit................ i wish i can prove and show this is a bug in linux lite 5.0, but i cant, nor can i prove it, oh well.

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 11:07:38 AM »

Maximus Cartwright

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
Sorry, I can't use this.

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 08:30:52 AM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: amd athlon 64 x2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: amd radeon hd 6750

• Kernel: 5.x

According to this article/post, https://technastic.com/create-a-bootable-usb-on-chrome-os/  it is possible to create a live usb using  a chromebook running chromeOS, so you might try  and see if  it works.

Hope this helps! :)
Without each others help there ain't no hope for us :)
Need a translation service? https://www.deepl.com/es/translator

Cannot boot to LL, stuck in a constant boot loop
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 01:39:37 AM »

Maximus Cartwright

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 07:54:23 PM by Maximus Cartwright »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section