You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Utorrent

Author (Read 17560 times)

Re: Utorrent
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 04:59:29 AM »

Artim

• Always Learning
  • PayPal Supporter
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Lieutenant Commander, Confederate Space Force
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Technophobe

• CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7300 @ 2.00GHz

• MEMORY: 3Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller

• Kernel: 5.x
My issues with Frostwire are both ethical and practical.

It's peer-to-peer sharing is not a problem, it's what gets shared that raises legal and ethical issues.

On the practical side, there is great vulnerability to malware.

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 03:45:23 AM »

deep_sea

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: HP-Compaq-dx6120-MT

• MEMORY: 32Gb
Thank you all fore the help i got it

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 08:49:27 PM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: amd athlon 64 x2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: amd radeon hd 6750

Frostwire?!?! That's really asking for trouble.  And don't download it from a web site for goodnessakes!!  If it's not in Lite Software and can't be found in Synaptc, it's better to ask here on the forum.  I'm sure users of Linux Lite can request packages that aren't in the "repos" (short for 'repositories').
Hi @RandomBoy
Could you elaborate a little bit more on why installing Frostwire is asking for trouble, please? I've being using it since day 1 I installed LL and haven't had not issues at all with it whatsoever. I'm not saying you're wrong or anything like that, I'm just asking you for some clarification since I might be missing something. About downloading .deb files from the web, I hope you don't take this the wrong way cause honestly it's not my intention at all, but I think there's no need to be that paranoid. I know people advise not to, but on the other hand there will be times when you need some program to do something and the only way to get it is downloading it from its website. By the way, one could also download and install Frostwire using git:
Code: [Select]
git clone https://github.com/frostwire/frostwireCompiling instructions are available on frostwire git repository site  cheers! :)
Without each others help there ain't no hope for us :)
Need a translation service? https://www.deepl.com/es/translator

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 07:57:57 PM »

Artim

• Always Learning
  • PayPal Supporter
  • Gold Level Poster
    • View Profile

Frostwire?!?! That's really asking for trouble.  And don't download it from a web site for goodnessakes!!  If it's not in Lite Software and can't be found in Synaptc, it's better to ask here on the forum.  I'm sure users of Linux Lite can request packages that aren't in the "repos" (short for 'repositories').

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 07:32:15 PM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: amd athlon 64 x2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: amd radeon hd 6750

Hi @deep_sea

I never liked Utorrent in Windows,  fortunately for me Tixati came out and it's a lot better than that piece of krap lol. If you're trying to use Utorrent in wine why don't you try tixati instead? just a suggestion. If you want to install a torrent client in LL try transmission 
Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get install transmission or another good option is frostwire just download the .deb file from its website and install it by right clicking on it and selecting "install with gdebi" and you're done. I use it and I find it pretty good. Hope this helps! :) 
Without each others help there ain't no hope for us :)
Need a translation service? https://www.deepl.com/es/translator

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 10:46:34 AM »

torreydale

• PayPal Supporter
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • * Forum Moderator *
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel i5-3230M (4) @ 3.200GHz

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics

@deep_sea ,

Ditto what @RandomBoy said, except it is easier to install Deluge using Lite Software (Menu -> System -> Lite Software).  If you want to install other torrent software (I like qBittorrent), you can use Install/Remove Software as suggested.
Want to thank me?  Click my [Thank] link.

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 07:33:11 AM »

justme2

• PayPal Supporter
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel i5 vPro

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel
will installing uTorrent.exe it will crash
don't now what to do need help

Not sure what you mean - are you saying that you are actually running uTorrent with wine and it crashes?
if so, then it is reported that current version does not work with wine. (google)

If not then as RandomBoy has said, exe files will not work with linux. Sorry if you are disappointed, but linux is not another version of windows but is an excellent alternative operating system, which has software applications to do anything you may wish. There is a 'learning curve' involved but lots of friendly help can be found on this forum. Sorry if I have misinterpreted your question or skill level.
1) Lenovo T520 i5 LL3.8 8GB ram, fast & stable
2) Medion P4 32bit LL3.8 1GB ram, quite fast & stable
3) eeePC 901 32bit LL3.8 1GB ram, fast & stable
4) eeePC 701 32bit LL3.8 1GB ram, slower & stable but small and light enough to travel with me to New Zealand when visiting family in Blenheim.

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 04:25:18 AM »

Artim

• Always Learning
  • PayPal Supporter
  • Gold Level Poster
    • View Profile

Any software with a .exe extension only works on Windows!  In Linux Lite we don't grab software from some web site and install it, we use our repositories! 

You want some good bittorrent software?  We have lots of that.  I recommend deluge.  To add software in Linux Lite, click on

Menu -->  System --> Install/Remove Software.

Then enter your password when asked.  This opens Synaptic Package Manager and you can scroll down to find deluge (and also it's "GUI" - Graphical User Interface - nice to have if you're not into typing commands in the terminal).  Select it, click Apply and watch the magic happen!  It downloads deluge, installs it, and will always automagically keep it up to date!

Soooooo much better and safer than Windows!

Don't play with any .exe files in Linux Lite unless you're running Microsoft Windows in a "virtual environment" or using WINE/PlayOnLinux.

Utorrent
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 03:07:16 AM »

deep_sea

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: HP-Compaq-dx6120-MT

• MEMORY: 32Gb
will installing uTorrent.exe it will crash
don't now what to do need help

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section