You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

A few Desktop and update questions

Author (Read 4740 times)

A few Desktop and update questions
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 06:28:29 PM »

paul1149

• PayPal Supporter
  • I come here a lot
  • Enjoying Linux
    • View Profile

• CPU: C2D

• MEMORY: 6Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia
I've got several questions that maybe could be cleaned up in one thread. Any help would be appreciated.

• I just started using workspaces. I can switch them by Ctrl-Alt-<left|right>, or by mouse action. Is it possible to list all open programs in both/either the Panel and/or the Alt-Tab dialog, and thereby switch directly to the desired prog? I know I can do it by middle-click on the desktop, but the desktop is not always visible. I think it's important to have a view of all open progs.
  • I have lost the window snapping function. Toggling settings does not jog it back on. Full disclosure: I installed LXDE, thinking to give it a try, just before this happened. I didn't find a way to invoke it, and I've since uninstalled much of it, but snapping is not back. Is there any way to restore it?
  • Is there a compositor available for LL? I might want to check out some advanced features.
  • Lastly, though not desktop related, I seem to have lost the ability to update LL. Updates is no longer in the Menu. I did configure the new automatic reminders, for twice a week, I believe, but I haven't seen any sign of them in a week, which doesn't seem right. I'm on 3.4, and Upgrade says this is the latest. So can one still update manually?

Thanks and BW.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 06:46:31 AM by paul1149 »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section