You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Linux Lite 5.0 64Bit, there is no "lite Upgrade" to upgrade within a series

Author (Read 3250 times)

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD E2//Atom X5//AMD Phenom II X2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Mullin Radeon R2//Intel//AMD/ATI RS880

• Kernel: 5.x
 ;D 8) ;)
LL4.8 UEFI 64 bit ASUS E402W - AMD E2 (Quad) 1.5Ghz  - 4GB - AMD Mullins Radeon R2
LL5.8 UEFI 64 bit Test UEFI Kangaroo (Mobile Desktop) - Atom X5-Z8500 1.44Ghz - 2GB - Intel HD Graphics
LL4.8 64 bit HP 6005- AMD Phenom II X2 - 8GB - AMD/ATI RS880 (HD4200)
LL3.8 32 bit Dell Inspiron Mini - Atom N270 1.6Ghz - 1GB - Intel Mobile 945GSE Express  -- Shelved
BACK LL5.8 64 bit Dell Optiplex 160 (Thin) - Atom 230 1.6Ghz - 4GB-SiS 771/671 PCIE VGA - Print Server
Running Linux Lite since LL2.2

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

in the same sense could remove Lite Upgrade from LLx.8 as there is not an upgrade path to the next series...   :o

I could do :)

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD E2//Atom X5//AMD Phenom II X2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Mullin Radeon R2//Intel//AMD/ATI RS880

There is no Lite Upgrade because of course, there is nothing to upgrade to. Why provide an application that does absolutely nothing.

Sent from my mobile phone using Tapatalk

well i went downstairs click in the search box on the linux lite 4.8 desktop computer and a thing called "lite upgrade" pops up. its just a little tool that you added
in the 3 and 4 series, for example,  if you had linux lite 4.0 and the next update in the series is linux lite 4.2, the tool would upgrade to that next one, but only in the 4 series....... not linux lite 5.0, linux lite 5.0 one had to download and do a clean install........

other than that, no biggie, when linux lite 5.2 comes out sometime this year, i will figure it out then, should not be to hard, ha ha . maybe i just not explain it right, that seems to be my problem these days , or maybe i just misunderstood the whole thing who knows, i already about fixed the power management problem..... its alittle different looking a tiny bit then the one (4. 8) PC downstairs.....

@kissbaby3
You guys are saying the same thing :) - - Lite Upgrades will be an option - automatically once an Upgrade (5.2) is available..
- if it was available in 5.0 it would say... "You're at the latest version"
@Jerry in the same sense could remove Lite Upgrade from LLx.8 as there is not an upgrade path to the next series...   :o

The power management question was shadowed but looks like you're ok? If not, I would start a new thread for that.. :)
LL4.8 UEFI 64 bit ASUS E402W - AMD E2 (Quad) 1.5Ghz  - 4GB - AMD Mullins Radeon R2
LL5.8 UEFI 64 bit Test UEFI Kangaroo (Mobile Desktop) - Atom X5-Z8500 1.44Ghz - 2GB - Intel HD Graphics
LL4.8 64 bit HP 6005- AMD Phenom II X2 - 8GB - AMD/ATI RS880 (HD4200)
LL3.8 32 bit Dell Inspiron Mini - Atom N270 1.6Ghz - 1GB - Intel Mobile 945GSE Express  -- Shelved
BACK LL5.8 64 bit Dell Optiplex 160 (Thin) - Atom 230 1.6Ghz - 4GB-SiS 771/671 PCIE VGA - Print Server
Running Linux Lite since LL2.2

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

In each release after the first in any Series, there are these instructions from each Release Announcement:

Upgrading

> Menu, Favorites, Install Updates (you must reboot if asked to, otherwise continue to the next step)
> Set a Restore Point - Menu, System, Timeshift
> Menu, Settings, Lite Upgrade
> Reboot

Having problems upgrading? First thing to do is open a terminal, and make sure you have the latest version of Lite Upgrade.

Code: [Select]
apt policy lite-upgrade-series4
should return:

Code: [Select]
  Installed: 4.0-0050-linuxlite
  Candidate: 4.0-0050-linuxlite

If you've ran Install Updates and still don't have this version or greater you can either - wait 24 hours, or change to the default Linux Lite repository in Lite Sources.

Therefore, when you update, Lite Upgrade will appear in the Menu, but not until it is needed. Including a program in the Menu that does nothing will attract a lot of unneeded feedback.

kissbaby3

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: 1.4 GHz

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: on board
There is no Lite Upgrade because of course, there is nothing to upgrade to. Why provide an application that does absolutely nothing.

well i went downstairs click in the search box on the linux lite 4.8 desktop computer and a thing called "lite upgrade" pops up. its just a little tool that you added
in the 3 and 4 series, for example,  if you had linux lite 4.0 and the next update in the series is linux lite 4.2, the tool would upgrade to that next one, but only in the 4 series....... not linux lite 5.0, linux lite 5.0 one had to download and do a clean install........

other than that, no biggie, when linux lite 5.2 comes out sometime this year, i will figure it out then, should not be to hard, ha ha . maybe i just not explain it right, that seems to be my problem these days , or maybe i just misunderstood the whole thing who knows, i already about fixed the power management problem..... its alittle different looking a tiny bit then the one (4.8) PC downstairs.....

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 02:21:15 PM by Jerry »

kissbaby3

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: 1.4 GHz

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: on board
i'm using Linux Lite 5.0, there is no "lite Upgrade" to upgrade within a series.
linux lite 4.8 has it in settings, but not 5.0.

i have a desktop 64bit computer.
plus in Power management, i set my computer to go blank after 15 minutes, and it wont do it, my computer monitor stays on, and yes the setting is in the on position.

the computer down stairs has Linux lite 4.8(64bit) and the "power Management" works fine.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section